Copper John Dead Nuts 2 on an '06 Allegiance

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Does anyone has this setup by chance ?

I'm trying to get my new Copper JOhn Dead Nuts 2 Competition sight sighted in and I don't seem to have enough windage adjustment to the left to get the pins centerd on the string. I'm out of micro adjustment...

Does/did anyone have that problem with this and if so how did you solve it ?

Thanks, Ron

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I think they make a spacer if its to far in towards the riser, if its to far out its more then likely a tuning issue...

have you laser level tuned your alignment? sounds like your rest may be out a bit far or in a bit far...

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Ron, I'm with Dredly...It sounds like you need to move the rest :biggrin1:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you guys both need to read it better:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

he said:

"I don't seem to have enough windage adjustment to the left to get the pins centerd on the string."

meaning he cant get the pins far enough to left.........

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE REST??????:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What's he using as a reference for center...the rest...???
    If he moves the rest right the sight will move left...

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hmmmm when i want to get center shot I line up the string on the proper part of the RISER and then line up the rest and the sight that way......

ITS CALLED CENTER SHOT.........you dont move the rest untill you start shooting and grouping....????

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Just as a side note have any of you used that laser thingy from Spot Hogg to determine Center Shot? Does it work and is it worth the money?

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

From the post...this was a sight change so this bow was already setup once...and the CJ has less windage adjustment than the old sight...so the rest may not be centered properly...:D ...:p

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Center shot with respect to the rest is not the issue at all. I shoot bullets with this thing and have for a year and a half. The problem is that my brand spanking new CJ sight is not allowing me to hit the target in a good, let alone, optimum spot. Elevation at 20 yards is right on the nut. I'm shooting left because I cannot get the sight adjustment any further to the left than it already is...

Ron

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how about some pics........MAN LAW.......

12. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

I might suggest contacting Copper John tomorrow and explain the trouble you are having.I have heard that there customer service is excellent. Good luck in getting it straightened out.

13. bullfiddle

Should have bought a Sword.....:noidea: :tape2: :tape2:

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

In my opinion the laser center shot tools are a waste of money.
    The reason I say that is because they will get you in the ballpark but you still need to tune the bow/arrow further. Eyeing the center shot to get close is pretty easy and simple and free.

The lasre gets you in more or less a perfect plane with respect to rest, riser, nocking point/string, sight. That does not take into account, minimally, bow hand torque and an arrow spine that is not right for your setup...

Ron

Ron

15. bullfiddle

Thanks for clearing that up for me Ron. I have been considering buying one of those for the last year. I never really knew anybody that had one. But that is what we are here for correct?