Copper John Dead nuts 2

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jt13077, Aug 31, 2007.

1. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

I just got one of these, the hunter plus, and I don't have a allen wrench sized to fit the pin and other screws. I have quite a few allens but none fit. Is it a special one? Does anyone know the allen size or any other input?
    Thanks!

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it should be in the standard allen key set.....I cant beleive they would use a metric screw.......

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I'm pretty sure they are standard. Just get on the Copper John site and send them an Email. They will hook you up. Good luck.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

unless they changed something from the dead nuts 1 then it is definately a standard allan. I think it was 9/16th bbut i mayjust be makign that up.

its not a "super common" size though, those little sets of allan wrenches that people get typically don't have the needed one on them if I remember correctly.

5. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

Thanks for the input, I've contacted copper john and I will be looking around today.
    Thanks again! :)

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I have a Dead Nuts 2. I also have a standard set of allen wrenches. My set has like 16 sizes in it and one of them fits. It you buy the set with 6 or 8 wrenches, you probably wont get it. It is a between size.......

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

No problem buddy, glad we could help.:hug:

8. jt13077

jt13077 Senior Member

Just got back for the hardware store, there are standard, I just didn't have a large enough collection, I do now! :D Thank again!!

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I think they are 3/32" and not every allen key set has one. I know my set don't so I have a loose 3/32" in my gadget box... My Trophy Ridge and Sure-Loc mount are both 3/32" as well.

Ron