Corn stove buyer beware

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by whitetail99, Nov 14, 2006.

1. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

I bought a United States Stove Company multi fuel stove Model 6100 and it sucks big time. It truly is crap unless you like to shut it down every day to clean it out. The ash pot is the problem it build up in such a small area it blocks air from getting to the burn pot. The company is basically saying its not a problem? Getting the run around from them. I live in Michigan and want to use corn to heat my house. This 6100 Model claims to heat up to 2000 sq ft { my butt}. I know of a another buyer which is returning this big heavy stove. Mine is going back after I photo graph everything from scratch and start a State complaint. This is the the stove to stay away from like the plague. http://www.usstove.com/cgi-bin/csvsearchProdindivid.pl?ID=116 I f you know anyone that has purchased one of these PLEASE PM me.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I just purchased a new pellet stove this year and there is definately a LOT of trial and error in getting it to burn correctly. the dampener has to be open just right for the feed settign that is going to be used, and every different kind of pellet requires the settings to be changed. I would imagine that Corn would be the same way. It may not be a problem because they are using a different quality of corn or different settings to have it burning correctly.

I passed on getting the Corn and went for pellets for the auto-light feature that pellets have ad corn doesn't

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Alright you liberal treehuggers that think we need to save our mass of millions trees.:banplease: I am still using the good ol X-tech and burning oaks ,ash, locust, hickory and loving the heat I get. So be it if you like to use the corn. Here in the hills of Tn we use to have ,and some still do ,another use for that corn and it was not to feed the hogs.

I have a friend that builds those stove here in Tn. I am going to see if he knows of this problem and see if there is a way to do it as Dreadly has suggested, God bless, Holy Smokes

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

So if I suppliment my living by selling firewood.....does that make me a tree hater????:biggrin1:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Nice try we already know you are a hippy

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I may live close (within 2 miles) of Woodstock (not the concert site but the actual town of) but a hippie I am not.....I listen to contry and rock music.....and I where work boots to work and church......I am a hillbilly....plain and simply....I have never stated other wise........

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Here, Here!!! Take that you tree huggin', Leaf peepin', sandal wearin', terrorist supportin' Liberals!!!!!:rant:

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Mr Bowman sound like a hippie in disguise:hippie: Use redneck hillbillies here in Tn Mnts always wore our hair long ,BC, to hide the color of our necks, wore dem boots and such, Holy Smokes

9. Duck65

Duck65 Hillbilly

I love this.:kiss: Yankees attacking Yankees.:pop2: :pop2: :pop2:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Well the south wasn't much of a challange so if we want an actual war I guess we'll just have to fight eachother.

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

them there is fighting words....looks like I may need popcorn now......

12. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

The problem with wood is that its hard on my back. I will burn right around 12 face cord a year. The stove I have is not designed to attach to duct work and it doesn't have auto controls to adjust temperature. Yes i have a flue dampener and a air intake adjustment. Wood is much more maintenance for me.:frusty:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

what would that 3 full cords cost you in your area.....

14. Westy

Westy Aussie Member

The real problem is?????

The real problem with the corn stove is now obvious,the corn has been wet and smells like crap!!!! Any ideas how this happened???? Carpshooter????:laugh::biggrin1::laugh::D

15. Carpshooter

Carpshooter Guest

Here's what I think !

Westy , you are really hard up to bring this thread ( before my time here ) back to life ! :frusty:

16. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

This thread is soooo corny........come on it's almost a page long and nobody has said it yet :tape:

17. Westy

Westy Aussie Member

Do you think Carppy eats Corn Flakes for Breakfast or just :censored:Snow Flakes ???:cool::doh::Cry:

18. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

well you know what carppy does in the corn fields. :D:laugh:

19. Carpshooter

Carpshooter Guest

A little known fact !

I'm watering my flowers ! :peace:

Now you know and you are :welcome: !

:tape:

20. Westy

Westy Aussie Member

Do you were undies ,because if you do??? you ain't a HillBilly :mad::hug::noidea: