Crappy broadhead, I made a perfect hit...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Chris, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

How many times have heard, I shot this really nice buck. I made a perfect shot but got no penetration. never found him. Broadhead XYZ sucks! Sell me a different head.

Now, see the picture for what really happened.:doh: Someone sent me this trail cam picture, so I thought I would post it. As a shop owner, you would not believe the stories I hear. You better be pulling some serious K.E. if you think your getting through the shoulder blade there on a big buck.

No, I didn't shoot this deer, this is just a pic someone sent me.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

clearly its photoshopped! :doh:

nice buck, when are you going to go finish the job?

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I didn't shoot this deer.

What are you seeing that indicates photoshopped.

4. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

you guys thing Everything is photoshopped :tape:

5. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

Unless it just happened, i would think he would have broken the arrow off by now. Seems like that much arrow sticking out would have been snapped off on a tree immediately after he was hit and started running off...:noidea:

6. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

That is an awesome buck!!! Looks real enough to me. :noidea:

Buck could have been quartering away, shot went a hair further foward than the guy had hope and didn't have enough energy to get the head thru that much shoulder at that angel. Speculation but probable.

That guy must have been sick after that.

Chris, was that pic from a cam somewhere in the N. Illinois area?

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Maybe he shot his squirrel arrow at it by mistake???:noidea:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

8. bowhuntinfordeer

bowhuntinfordeer Junior Member

Had that exact thing happen to me this year!

I was out checking some area and a doe walked out twenty yards form me. I stuck her right behing the front leg ( a little lower and further back than this shot even) and the arrow did not penetrate more than two inches. I think it was due to the expandable broadheads and the quickspin vanes I was using. I have since switched to blazer vanes and back to my muzzy 4 blade broadheads and I know I would have blown right thru that deer with them. Oh well it was a lesson learned but I had to wound an animal how about you guys. At least the deer I shot wasn't a wallhanger. I think if that bucks leg would have been forward it would have been a nice double lung shot. :doh:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Now maybe everyone will believe me. That buck was huge, and I know I made a good shot.

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

it was a joke Chris... :doh:

11. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

You should have used :lol: instead of :doh: ......

:D

12. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

not sure!

Ya know, Hoyt Hunter has a point!:noidea:
    This pic may be photoshoped.:noidea:
    In the woods all my life and ive never seen a full length arrow still in a deer.
    At the shot this buck woundered around the woods without snappin this arrow off, i dont think so.
    Just my 2cents on that.
    The KE Thing Yes Chris I Agree
    But after raisein a bowhuntin boy of my own ive seen some poor penitration on deer off of his Micro-Midas he took 5 deer with that bow from age 14 to 16 before he started useing more relistic KE equipment.
    If this buck had that little pentitration i would say it was shot at
    1:long range where he was a big buck and someone took a pot shot at him like 60+yds
    2:from a kid with a low-poundage bow
    3:someone with an old week bow with no KE
    4: someone couldnt pull the bow back lookin at that Bruser and threw the arrow at him.:lol: :lol: :lol:
    At 30yds or less my bow with MECHINICALS will ZAP HIM threw both sholders.:biggrin1:
    BEEN THERE DONE THAT more than once.:biggrin1:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I completly DISAGREE w/anyone who thinks thats a perfect shot.......

who taught you people to hunt and kill deer???

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep

I agree thats not a good shot but if i hit him there its going deeper than that.:biggrin1:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the black dot represents the better qaurtering away shot, in a quartering away shot, you are shooting for lungs, or should be.......

the white dot represents a perfect aiming point for a broadside shot......this way if the deer drops at the shot you still hit him in the lungs......if he dont, drop you hit him in the heart.......

did any of you guys claiming this is a good place to shoot them ever have to take a hunter safety course???:frusty: :frusty:

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I have to admit... if that isn't real and after looking at it closer there is NO damage around where that arrow went in, the hid appears to be perfectly intact so either its very small expandable or its a field point (if its real).

I can't imagine a hit that weak holding in there, the arrow clearly appears to be about to fall out of the hide however there is no blood anywhere, you would expect at least SOME blood somewhere on the coat of the animal even on a horrible hit...

I have to go with fake, but still a bad shot

17. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I would actually move that white dot forward a little bit. His front right leg is back so his shoulder is blocking a heart shot, but if that was the shot opportunity I had, my pin would be where the white dot is or maybe a little forward. It would be nice if he would move that leg forward

18. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

all i can say is i can't believe someone had a chance at a great deer like that... wow.

19. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

that pic could have been taken 20 min after it happened, that culd be why everything looks fine around it.
    we used to feed the deer in my sisters back yard and there was a nice 8pt that used to come in and he had a full arrow sticking out of his shoulder for at lest week, then we never saw him agian.

20. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Hit anywhere in there and you have a booner for sure!