Crossbows allowed in Illinois for fall 2007 archery season?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Chris, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I just heard that IL is going to allow you to use crossbows in Illinois during the archery season if you are age 62 or older. I think this is a good idea. I know some will think otherwise but I don't.

I have quite a few guys come in that are about that age that state that they want to hunt but can't pull the bows anymore.
  2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I think its good for older and disabled people to get to use a cross bow, theirs still more challange with a cross bow then with a rifle.

3. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

i hope i can still hunt when i am in my 60's and if i cant pull a bow back then i would rather use a croos bow than a rifle if i had the choice
  4. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

not sure what a croos bow is but what i meant was a cross bow... may have to invent one of those when i get older though :lol:
  5. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I think this is a good thing. They also changed the time for gun hunting to a half hour past sunset. I always hated having to get down from my stand when it is prime time. Sorry, I know this is a bowhunting forum.
  6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

It is a good thing for the disabled and senior's and was for a long time in VA.
    But if they open it to all like they did down here,Well Chris they wont need you anymore!
    Almost all archery pro-shops have closed in our state, Only 2 or 3 left within 100 miles of me,There use to be 5 or six within 50miles of me.
    The problem is after they buy the crossbow they dont need anything done to it, and now they just order one out of bass-pro or Cabelas!
    Believe me you dont want it in your state full force!:mad:
    Check out on your forum now how many archery clubs are on your sight in VA within 50 miles of central VA Zip 23120 which is a 75 mile zone!
    10 years ago there use to be 10
    When i ask the older archers at Dixie bow club they stated Cross bows are killing our sport!