cut arrow!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by diamond-vic., Aug 11, 2006.

1. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

hey guys, i was shooting my broadheads into my block yesteday and my broadhead actually hit one of my arrows ant put a tiny cut from the rear of the narrow near the nock to the fletchings. (i shoot sonic broadheads, 100gr.) is it ok if i still shoot the arrow or just get sum new ones?

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

really depends on how bad it is. If its just like a superficial scratch then no biggie but if its a deep gouge I would say no.

3. diamond-vic.

diamond-vic. Senior Member

it is just a little scratch, its like 1/16 of the arrows thickness

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT. It's really a safty issue. I have seen them blow. It's not worth it.

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I personally would not take the chance its just not worth it. Too many horror stories of carbon in arms and hands. Also remember to always always always flex your carbon arrows before shooting.:peace:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Thats why they sell them in a dozen pack, so you can wreck some of them....:biggrin1:

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Tight Groups

Yes sir that is what the arrow manafactures want [very tight groups] don't we all, Holy Smokes:laugh:

8. piethon

piethon Member

I've seen them shatter, and I wouldn't chance it.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I shoot one or 2 that have very slight scratches on them and haven't had a problem. but I agree... if you think it is bad enough to worry about then I would toss it. If you think the scratch is not an issue then shoot it.

I know if I tossed all the arrows over the years that i nicked with other points, put in to trees, buried in the ground... etc i would have had to give up archery years ago due to the cost.

10. aggie2000tx

aggie2000tx Junior Member

I would not shoot the arrow again. Anything that messes with the integrity of the arrow could have some bad effects. I would not chance it.