D-Loop and a Rope Release??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by HOYT4LIFE, Mar 8, 2007.

1. HOYT4LIFE

HOYT4LIFE Guest

Why does it seem that everyone says not to shoot a rope release on a d-loop? I hear this alot but I seem to do pretty well with this setup.I get alot of serving wear from my cascade 10 just shooting it from the string. That is why I put the d-loop on. Is there really a reason for not doing it this way???

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

hummm i have no idea, As i think about it i really dont see a problem, but im not real sure....... I would think it would be fine..

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

You mean you're getting serving wear from the rope on the release? Wow, I've never had that happen and I've been shooting rope releases for over 30 years---still do---Cascade M-8. I have had servings separate just under the nock, but that was due to poor serving jobs. Took me 25 years to find that out.

That being said, the only disadvantage I can see to using the rope on a loop is that it would stretch me out too far, throwing my body out of alignment. Like having too long a draw. I shoot a 27" draw and just can't see shortening to 26-26.5" just to accommodate a loop.

Not sure if you're aware of it, but Spott Hogg now has the Saturdat Night Special, Cascade's release for loop shooters. From the posts I've read it's supposed to be the cat's meow. I'd try one if I intended to shoot a loop, but goodness, I've got almost $1000 worth of releases now.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I would'nt see any reason why you should not use a d-loop with a rope release.:noidea:

5. red44

red44 Senior Member

The only real drawback is not getting the speed of a little extra draw lenth.

6. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Biggest problem with doing both is the change in draw length. + .5" for the D-loop and +.5" for the release rope.....
    BTW, I did ok with it when I used it but just use a D-loop now...scores keep inching up though.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I thought we just determined on another thread that a dloop will not increase your draw length......:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

make up your damd minds you bums:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

9. two_shoes

I was not part of that thread.......:biggrin1: I you shoot off the string then add a D-loop with the same release, what happens to DL????

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats what i said but was told I was wrong and called every name in the book.....:frusty:

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

it sure dont change the draw length of the bow..... Can a guy with a 30 inch draw shoot a bow with a 25 inch DL if he adds a 5 inch d loop.....ummmmm aperelntly so if the d loop adjustes the DL..... If you use a 28 inch arrow and the tip is right at the rest, then you add a 1/2 d loop, is your arrow going to go back 1/2 inch to far and pull off the rest.... ummm aperently so if the d loop adjustes the DL..........

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

no excuses make up your minds....it either does or it doesnt.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

13. two_shoes

Ok... but what are you referencing.... the bow or the shooter. To the bow no... DL is the same but to the shooter he has to come back another .5" It would definately change the efective DL for the shooter. But then again what good is a mechanical engineering degree.......:biggrin1:

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thank you and finally someone who sort of knows what they are talking about....

15. two_shoes

Who is this someone and where did they come from? Did you let them in????:noidea:

16. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

it wont change your DL. it will change your anchor point.

17. yes you all did and i said that did change oh well i hate to say i told you so:cool:

18. how can you say this,it does change your DL and your AP.if your string is 28"s and add a 1/2" to it it will become 28 1/2 "s simple math:bored:

19. ya if you nocked the arrow on the DL it would the DL has nothing to do with arrow length...

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wait I think you need to reread my posts in that one....:noidea: