D loop twisting....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowhuntermitch, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bowhuntermitch

bowhuntermitch New Member

Hey guys im sick and tired of AT being so slow, it literally would have taken me ten minutes to post this, anyways.

I just put new vapor trails on my bow which i love. the problem is my d-loop keeps twisting back to it original position, no matter how tight i get em with a pliers.See my problem is my peep is rotating to the left a tiny tiny bit so i set my d loop so it will come back straight. Should i put a 1/2 twist in the string a get it over with or is there any tricks so everything will stya the same?:peace:

2. Have you tried rotating your peep to get it to line up when it should?

3. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I got the same problem. When I first peeped my string I also got a d-loop. The loop was so tight(don't know why or how) that it always pointed mostly back at me with the peep in line.

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

A tight loop is great
    simply put the loop on the string(rotate it around the string)where it will rotate or move your peep in proper position when you draw it back:biggrin1:

5. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

Ask Jake at Hunters Friend says to just get your loop and peep in line and put a drop of super glue on the loop knot. The glue with soak through the loop knot and to the serving. I had the same problem on my 82nd and did the glue and no problems anymore.

From Ask Jake

I have a new 101st and love it but the string loop keeps rotating forward after shot so I must move back each time . should I have the string loop tied in any suggestions?......Kurt Unger, Doniphan NE
    Hi Kurt,

Got Corn? Hey man, I was having that same issue as well. No big deal, just take a drop of Super Glue and dab it on the knot. Let the glue work it's way into the material and on to the string itself. After about ten minutes you should be good to go! This will not damage the string and if you need to cut the loop off down the road, it won't be an issue.

Geez, looks like Super glue will solve any problem!

Thanks for the question.

Shoot for the thrill!!
    JAKE 02/06/08

6. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

Super glue isn't good for string material.......:doh:

Is your loop tied so that your knotts are facing the opposite direction from one another?

It may be the loop material itself that is causing the problem.

But you also may not have enough twist in your string....or the string maybe tied poorly or have a busted strand that you can't see.

But my money is on the string itself.

7. harleyryder

harleyryder bowhunter, Pure-n-Simple

Put the partial twist in your string, or put a lot of stringwax on the knots,use a blowdryer to soften the wax into the knot and pull it tight,the wax will allow you to pull the knot tighter.What is probaley happening is the string is twisting a bit as you pull back and the loop is turning to match up with you.I would twist the string myself OR move a strand or two over on the peep

8. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

well, my loop is tied with both knots facing left. The reason it throws the loop forwards a bit seems to be because of its momentum as the string flies past stationary length during the shot. When I had an sts on this never happened.

9. ShootNow

ShootNow New Member

Knots

Always try and keep the knots opposite one another and put a little wax on the srtring before you tie it. Also I like to keep the loop just large enough
    to fit release and knock without touching. A larger loop tends to rotate some if your string has some twist.

10. bowhuntermitch

bowhuntermitch New Member

My knots on the d-loop are opposite... i do twist the peep before i shoot and i stays all good... after a few shots its back to the origianl spot again. im going to go shoot tomorrow before class and see whats up.

11. Don't see where it's been mentioned, but it is quite possible that your D-Loop is fine - just that your string serving is not tight. Seen a lot of instances where the D-Loop was not the culprit actually twisting - it was the serving on the string.