Dark Siders??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BuckeyeRed, Jul 12, 2007.

1. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

I have noticed this term pop up few times over at AT, why is it that on AT that Mathews shooters are considered "dark siders":noidea: ?? I was guessing it was something the Martin shooters started but really have no idea.

2. Rocco

Rocco Junior Member

i would rather be a matthews darksider than a martin backsider:peace:

3. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Same here, I find it funny when they openly bash every other brand under the sun yet jump all over every other guy who says anything negative about martin or another brand. :cool:

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey fellars i have been doin' martins since 84 and I am not a basher of anybody's equipment . Check all my threads
    so we martin boys ain't all bad and maybe we ain't on tha AT either.
    been there 4 or 5 times when someone here post and article with it.

5. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

sorry your wrong,, my avatar is a hoyt sign smashing a martin tiger and i have no problems with the mods there.... i don't mean anything by it,, hell i have a martin....... people need to relax a little, this is not life and death here.....

6. tek

tek Senior Member

What is this, a bash AT and Martin site now.

Seems like every other thread is about them. Its probably time to move on :noidea:

I've heard the term "dark siders" for Mathews shooters for a long long time. I really doubt it has anything to do with Martin Archery :noidea:

Maybe someone here will know the real story.

7. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Which was why I asked the question, to see if anyone knows how the darksider tag line came about. Plus I never said that other shooters don't poke fun at other brands, and I didn't mention a single mod doing any bashing. Not all guys who shoot Martin are mods. sorry if I was misunderstood.

8. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

People venting. I know I did. It will settle down on it's own soon.

9. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

I though the Darkside term refered to former Bowtech owners who switched over to Mathews. :noidea: Don't know how Martin got into it. Maybe by adding fuel to the fire.

10. Mathews is indeed The Darkside.....cause once you go black, you'll never go back. :rockon:

11. joker

joker Member

black shirts give matthews shooters the name dark siders. And a bow is a bow if you can afford it shoot it. they all shoot fine. cant we all be one happy family?

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I thought Mathews staff shooters wore white shirts... wouldn't that make them lightsiders?

13. Rocco

Rocco Junior Member

i am just getting warmed up

14. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I believe there was a phase Mathews went through when they had black shirts and hats. Then the Black Max was the big speed bow. Their banners are usually black. Just a lot of black at one time and I think the "Dark" side thing just stuck. Besides, everyone knows Vader is way cooler than Skywalker.....:peace:

15. tek

tek Senior Member

Well.......some of us go back into the light :biggrin1:

16. olehemlock

olehemlock Senior Member

that would be the correct answer

17. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I'm not sure but I'm proud to be one of them.:biggrin1:

Welcome to the forum hemlock.:peace:

18. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I think some companies are jealous of the success of others so they come up with names to try to insult the people that own them

Nice to see you olehemlock!:welcome:

rick

19. BowTechArch

BowTechArch Senior Member

EXACTAMUNDO Rick........AT/Martin has always had a HIDDEN AGENDA...

First the Mathews shooters were attacked...than the Hoyt shooters....most recently the Bowtech shooters...

Too bad.......all it proves is this...

The TRUTH is known to all that frequent this site.......and more importantly who USED to frequent AT...

Now....AT has lost some of its members...if that's what they want...than so be it...

It's not like I spend around $2,000 per year on archery gear.....

....like they are gonna miss some of my money.....like their sponsors "really care..."

:noidea: :noidea:

20. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Howdy olehemlock!! It's always nice to notice another familar face:biggrin1: