Darton threatens to sue Elite Archery dealers.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well, here is the image... Elite dealers are put on notice...

2. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

whyd they coppie dartin?

3. Smichael

Smichael Junior Member

Because the letter came from a lawfirm who represents Darton and not directly from Darton.

4. that sucks for the distributors, they have nothing to do with the manufacturing end of it:noidea:

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

It also means that all the bows they have purchased setting on the shelfs could possibly be siezed and they will just be out the money they paid for them. We went thru that with some equipment we bought at work. Guess what ya can't sue the manufacturer either because by the time they sieze them the manufacturer has filed bankruptcy and is defunct. I feel for the guys that have these setting on their shelfs.

6. jessetjames

jessetjames Junior Member

so what do the costumer's do? since the line is discontinued? does that mean if it breaks they cant get there money back?

7. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

so the manufature can make them anymore. but if a store got them and paid the manufature before the was brought up can the store still sell them or do they have to pull them?

8. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I think it means your SOL:noidea: Cause if they fix it they are fixing a bow with a patent infringement on it they are still releaseing said patent infringed product.:doh: (it made more sense in my head)

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

It makes sense to me......:noidea:

so we must think a like......

10. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

WOW..... That stinks for all involved..... From Darton, Elite to the Proshops down to the customers....

11. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

That sucks for the proshops. They paid money for these bows and arent allowed to sell them or they could be sued.

rick

12. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Puke

Puke, :tape: :tape: :tape:

13. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

YADA YADA YADA. Another year and another lawsuit. The suit will be contested by Elite and will sit in court for the near future. End result \if Elite is found guilty they will be told to stop producing these bows. By this time the '09 bows will be out and they will change whatever the problem is. Just like what happened 2 years ago with Bowtech. I am still gonna buy the new Exterme XL in a few weeks.

14. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Good luck with that...:laugh: :laugh:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Why?????????? When you could buy a good bow from a company that does not infringe on patents.:tape: :laugh: :laugh:

16. red44

red44 Senior Member

If this letter is indeed legit, I would think Darton is pretty sure of themselves. Otherwise a countersuit will be costly for the lost revenue based on sales lost due this letter. (If that could be proved) If Elite is guilty, they ought to be smacked HARD! This would be what, their 2nd offence? I hope they are not guilty though, their bows look great.

17. who are you going to buy it from? Unless Elite were able to get something from the courts that allows them and thier distributors to keep selling thier bows until told other wise by the courts, I just don't know many dealers with deep enough pockets that would be willing to take a chance on bucking the system. If I was a distributor with a small shop, I sure as heck would not be willing to sell one till I heard back from Elite. I don't know of many bow shops whos owners have deep enough pockets to take the chance of a law suit. Win or lose, just the cost of going to court over it could be enough to put them out of buisiness. :noidea: JMO

18. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Sounds like Elite did not want to pay the royalty fee. Man, you think they would have learned the first time.:noidea:

19. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I wonder how many Elites will end up on ebay over the next week?

20. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

just some facts guys...

1. Yes the letter is legit. I called Darton and they "unoffically" confirmed it, I called elite and they DID confirm it (although not in an overly professional tone, I was not happy with their service btw).

Elite knows about the letter and has instructed their dealers to ignore it and continue selling their bows as usual as if nothing is going on. Based on Elites history I'd guess this is similar to sticking their head in the sand and saying "no one sees us keep doing it".

The last time Elite got slammed like this it resulted in them "merging" (aka bought out) by a company they owed money to. I am still amazed and shocked that they haven't learned to play by the rules yet. This will make 3 years in a row that they have been in court or at least engaged in lawsuits.

Before everyone brings up all the other companies using binary cams... they all have permission to use them.