Decoys

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by QDAWG44, Aug 17, 2007.

1. QDAWG44

QDAWG44 Junior Member

how many guys use decoys? Do you have good results with em and if so, do you use a buck, doe, or both? What kind of decoy do you like. I just purchased a Montana doe decoy but I dont like the fact that it can only been seen from 2 directions.

2. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I ve been thinking on trying one too.

Before I purchased one I was just going to take my target out and set it up.

They've attacked my target in the back yard enough so I think it might be a worth while test.

3. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

work great for easing the stress level of walking in close.... i have used both doe and buck..... best for the bucks in early season is a buck lying down..... has put them close to me anyway

4. tresmon

tresmon Member

My new, custom, one-off never to be duplicated decoy:wave:
    (Beside my wifes pretty legs. BE NICE boys, were both "hard core" Jesus freaks)

[​IMG]

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I think that Jesus would have been a bow hunter. :rockon:

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Ya'll oneness dude?

oh I love tha bambi.

especially when they grow up.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Hey i have one and one time I had a doe come within 3 yrds. I shot her at 15 and ya should have seen tha look on her face. totally freaked out.

Nother time I had 4 does run pass tha thing 4 times. what a day I saw 20 some deer that am.

I hdd a fellar recently tell me he used a turkey decoy say it really calms tha deers right down and come on in.
    Makes sense and not as big.

8. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i often use a bleat call when hunting and scouting and have deer run right up looking for the source, i beleive im i had a decoy it would be even more effective

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I occassionally use a doe decoy that is similar to the montana decoy. I only use it a couple of times a year and seem to never see any deer when I use it. The one time I did see a deer it was a two year old 8 pointer that cirlced around down wind of it and stared at it for five minutes. While he was doing it he was 13 yards and broadside from me. I let him go but my friend shot him a month later. It worked that day. I just don't use it much because it seems anytime I set it out I don't see any deer.

10. outdoorsman

very nice pic....

11. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Wich one is the decoy???

12. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

:hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

13. outdoorsman

good opicture but not sure what that has to do with decoys.... is someone hijacking agian..... oooppss... sorry just kidding

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I am just thinking maybe someone should have started a NEW THREAD!!!!:mad:

I am not afraid to say this is a bit hipocritical of you!!!!:mad: :mad:

15. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

For 2 weeks before the Illinois Slug season I use a Decoy religiously. It's a Blast!!:cool:

Dan

16. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

thats really cool w/ the fawn!!

As far as decoys. I use them quit often. Mostly during the rut. I take my cheapo 3d target out w/ me. Spray it down with scent killer. And aadd a little doe heat on her rear. And face her towards me. I hunt the edge of a food plot. about 15 yds in. I put the decoy about 5yds. in facing me on a trail. I found during the rut. a buck will circle a doe when shes in heat to investigate her scent. this way he'll walk right up a sniff her behind. and not looking around he's totally focused on her. gives me time to draw and take a good shot.

17. tresmon

tresmon Member