Diamong or Bowtech?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by bowhunter34, Jun 15, 2008.

1. bowhunter34

bowhunter34 Buck Slayer

I am looking into getting a new bow and not sure if bowtech is better than diamond.

If you know or suggest a different kind of bow tell me.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Diamond is single cam, Bowtech is a cam-and-a-half (sometimes mistakenly called a 2 cam bow).

You absolutely need to shoot as many bows as you cand and choose the one that feels the best to you and fits your budget. I own 2 Bowtechs and 1 Mathews. I shot the Diamond Marquis this past Winter and it felt really nice. I also used to own a Diamond Victory, which was another really nice feeling bow.

You need to try them and feel for yourself...

Ron

3. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

It depends if you want a single or a double cam bow. Diamond is the single cam models of BowTech. It depends on what your needs are. Go to a BowTech dealer and shoot them...all of them if possible. You should be able to find both BowTech and Diamond bows at a BowTech dealer. the only person who can answer which is best, is you.:cool:

4. Varbogen

Varbogen Worlds Strongest

well You are all right , but

Diamond is more than just the Single cam version of Bowtech . The Diamond line is really not the same quality and or shootability that Bowtech is. Its thier answer to the Midrange bow , without sacrificing market share .

Is diamond a Fine bow , Yes
    is it second rate because its single cam , No
    They just have not put very much effort into the Cam and 1/2 for the Diamond line and do not want to have people confusing the 2 as they are sep market share and companies .

The answer to the Question though , Buy what Fits you .

Never buy anything that cannot be made to fit you to the slightest detail .
    If the bow you shoot does not fit it will force bad form and that means mistakes , mistakes well Make you look bad , and Who wants to look BAD ?

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah but there is more of an issue between the Diamond line and Bowtech line in that the Diamond line is available in box box stores and Internet sales where Bowtech is not... I still support the "shoot what feels good to you" philosophy and will not part from that but Bowtech/Diamnd and mathews/Mission to what they do for more reasons than just offering different products to archers. It's to cover as much as the market as they can. That is smart and can be a win-win for everybody as long at the archer has a bow and accessories that are right for them.

The thing that scares me about the so called 'second line' bows of Bowtech and Mathews is that there is a HUGE potential for inexperienced sales people selling just to sell.... We need to bring in and foster the sport and that kind of BS activity can and does just scare people away from it.

Ron

6. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

"The Diamond line is really not the same quality and or shootability that Bowtech is. Its thier answer to the Midrange bow , without sacrificing market share . "

I don't agree with that statement. Have you shot or even seen the Marquis? Granted, that is Diamonds top bow, but its just as well buildt and shootable as anything on the Bowtech line, IMO. How about the Liberty or the Black Ice? All fine bows. I shoot Bowtech, but I wouldn't have any problem shooting a Diamond.:rockon:

7. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I have....I thought the Marquis was the worst drawing single cam bow I ever shot! Quiet and nice at the shot, but if you are going to have that draw for that price, get a bowtech and a whole lot more speed with it (and my allegiance draws better than the single cam Marquis IMO) :biggrin1:

8. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

OR, you can wait just a couple of months and pick up one of those new RoBowTech's that will be coming out [​IMG]

9. Relentless

Relentless Junior Member

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I hope they make a 37" ata RoBowtech.......:D

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

It's about feel. I hunt with an '06 Ally and I liked the Marquis a lot.

I also disagree with the statement, that you did not make Hook, that Diamond is a lower quality line bow than Bowtech. They ARE different in a big way. Ya got to shoot them in a real pro shop and decide for yourself...

Example: I have a 60# '08 82nd Airborne that I love. My hunting buddy shoots a 2000 70# PSE Careera with a 50% (yes, I typed 50%) letoff and he thinks my 82nd is the toughest draw he's ever tried ! We have the same draw (29"). My arrow speed blows his away by well over 20 fps. My bow is easier to draw, has lighter draw weight, has overall lighter weight and is just modern technology.... Kind of like thinking you still NEED an overdraw to hunt big game effectively.

It's all about personal feel. I do not take another's opinion on how a bow feels worth a grain of salt. I try them myself and make my own decision.

Ron

12. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Yeah, I wouldn't say the Diamond is lower quality at all, just different but they are very nice bows. I really like the Black Ice a lot.

13. BrianH

BrianH Junior Member

Have you seen the price on a Diamond Marquis. It's $729.00 at Scheels.
    I wouldn't exactly call that mid range.

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That is a very good point...

I paid that (+ an upcharge for my Testarossa target colors :Cry: )for my 82nd.

I liked the Black Ice a lot and like the Marquis, but not quite as much as I liked the Black Ice... That bow is very nice to shoot.

Ron