did i do the right thing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by jetshowell, Nov 2, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

yesterday i shot a 4 pointer that had some bad genes or something he was just lookin rough so i thined him from the herd after i shot him i walked back to my truck and saw some new rubs on a few trees now ive seen a few smaller 6 pointers around but i was ok with that but today i went and looked for more rubs and i saw two big deer runnin through the woods so i sprinted to get a closer look and i was dumb founded to see a doe run across the drive way and a giant 8 pointer behind her now im kickin my self thinkin i could have got that one if i would have held out and with gun season coming up i think he will be gone before i get back out there so did i do the right thing and take out the weak deer

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when does gun season start???

he may "get smart" again in time......

those 6's will be bigger next year........:rockon:

3. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

Just IMHO I think you did right if you are managing your herd for good genes. Let the little ones go to grow unless they have bad genes.

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I think you did right...:cool:

5. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yes!

You did,The buck that you saw if nobody is hunting him will be a bruser next year,Get ready for him.
    Its allways good to keep the gene's stright in your heard and you get meat out of the deal too.:biggrin1:

6. I missed

I missed Senior Member

lets see the pics

7. I missed

I missed Senior Member

you saw a big 8 in MI?????

8. I missed

I missed Senior Member

so has the rut started in MI

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

brings ta mind a sayin' of tha famous Gen Stonewall Jackson when asked what they were gonna do with tha odds of some many more yankees than tha Rebs
    "Shoot em , shoot em all"

10. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Yep!

He's got a point!:peace:

11. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

rut started monday

12. david13

david13 Senior Member

there arent to many big ones here in michigan... at least not in upper michigan.. once in a while you'll cross a huge one though.. they seem to be all nocturnal