Different Seasons for Different areas?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Dredly, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm pissed. Yesterday would have been a GREAT hunting day but due to the wonderful PGC I can't hunt...

They have setup certain areas for extended seasons, while others are not extended. I complained about this in the beginning of the season when Archery started 2 weeks early for certain areas.

Now their rifle season has been extended as well! Why the hell should I pay the same for a license as someone in another area and they get an extra month worth of hunting while I have to sit here and do nothing?

Complete Garbage! :mad:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you need a binky?????

stop your crying you big baby........

they have different length seasons for a reason.......if you dont like it, go become a deer biologist and get a job w/the PGC.......and change the dates.....

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The PGC doesn't pay enough! Plus they make all their employees drive Dodge Dakota 4x4's! Who the hell would want to drive one of them!?!?!? :wave:

Actually I'll just be doing some more scouting next year... I could always just hunt anyway and claim I took it down there :D

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:bowl: :bowl: :bowl:

5. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Dredly, can you not hunt in the other areas or do you have to live there?...:noidea: Get yourself off the couch and get in there man...:peace:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

think the closest place is about 45 mins away and I don't know the area there at all... and wandering around in the woods in this ice is just asking to get hurt. I'll be doing some scouting there next season

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

dont know!

It sounds kinda stupid 2 me dreadly haveing areas at all.:noidea:
    In va we can bowhunt the intire season anywhere in the state in regular firearm season.
    i do wish they had the 1 buck rule so the bucks can get bigger though.
    down here if u dont shoot him any size buck someone will and u may end up with no meat.
    the state is over-run with deer around 1.5 million and is building up so fast the game dept wants us 2 killim all.:noidea:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Ken...
    NY is set up with 2 "zones" Northern and Southern...the seasons are roughly the same length just the dates are staggered...the Northern zone starts about 3 weeks before the southern zone...also each zone has like 100 management units...and each one of those could potentially have special requirements depending on herd conditions in that WMU...

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yea

:doh: thats what i was doin.
    Why would they have zones in the first place:noidea:
    Is bow season state wide ?
    If not whats the reason ?

I know every state has its stupid laws some where but come on.
    In va we dont have cronic wasting disease like alot of state because they let u shoot the deer.
    They should let yall hunt state wide with a bow atleast 3 months out of the year.

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah bow season is statewide but only for 4 weeks...
    Northern zone starts around 9/20 and southern starts around 10/15...and 4 weeks later it goes to Regular season for 3 weeks and then to late archery/muzzle loader for 10 days then it's over...:Cry:
    I think Long Island has 1 or 2 WMU's with a special weapons season in Jan...but it only lasts 7 or 10 days...???

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

2 many rules!

Ya down here we have 3 zones but it dosnt effect bow season.
    the zones are for gun and bp.
    Our bowseason comes in the first sat in oct and u can use a bow the intire hunting season until jan.5th so 3 months.

Game laws are crazy though everywhere :dizzy:

12. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You can use the bow all three seasons...but most bow guys get out of the woods when reg season opens...it gets like a war zone around here when the orange army marches into the woods...:frusty:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

HA! War Zone! You guys have to hunt NE PA before you can pretend to know a war zone!

14. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

(Dr. Phil voice) Dredly I think you might need to consider moving?...:noidea: You obviously are not happy in your current environment.:laugh: :laugh:

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

If it wasn't for family I wouldn't be living here bud... My parents are 3 minutes drive away, the inlaws are 20. If it wasn't for them I'd be in Maine right now

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why dont you move there you crab..........:peace:

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Crystal may not be to happy with me moving and them staying here... then again :noidea:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when I talked to her last night she said you could go anytime.......:tape: :tape: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

sweet! can I sleep on your couch for a few days? you know... just till I save enough to buy another house :biggrin1:

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the commute would be terrible.......:peace: :peace: