different

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by goldflinger, Jan 2, 2007.

1. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

I see a huge difference in the number of 3D shoots from one state to another. Wondering why. Any ideas.:noidea:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

poularity and population density????:noidea:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

also I've noticed that a LOT of places don't really advertise their 3-D shoots very well, especially clubs, mainly because the members want to win and don't want other people shooting.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

they must be different than my area because here we need people to come or our clubs dont make any money.....

you know with all the negativity I am feeling from you, you would think you didnt get that Mathews you were hoping for fer christmas......:biggrin1:

5. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

If I remember right, our local club had a little under 200 shooters at thier last event.::rockon:

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The ROSS I got before the season was my new bow for this year... and I'm going hunting tomorrow. stick your negativity up your butt I'm killing something tomorrow! :peace:

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its a new year buddy, its time for a new bow:biggrin1:

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you tell the wife that!

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Around here there are several different shops and clubs that have 3D shoots but until about 2 years ago I had no idea they were around at all. So for us I would have to say it is lack of advertising.

By the way you two need to go outside and argue!!!!:biggrin1:

10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

We can't make them post their shoots with 3DShoots.com. We can only offer the free service and recommend that they do post them.:doh:

There are some states that don't have many shoots and some that have hundreds.

11. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

also dont forget what the weather is like, its winter here.... went to our first area shoot last year at the end of jan, it was -14....... needless to say not to many people.... was a wast of time...... me and my buddy did go shoot it... was not a real fun time...... ok it was fun i guess...... but it was cold....

12. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i think it has a lot to do with where ur at ... out here in the boondocks weve got about 15 shoots that go on in a 30 mile radious and theres usually 150-200 people at em .... then again every1 around here hunts .... i love small towns :biggrin1:

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Around here sometimes it fells like we have more shoots than shooters...

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

we do have more shoots than shooters.....

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I had to really dig around to find shoots around here. I found the first one on this site and then word of mouth for the rest of them. Fortunately around here a lot of the clubs talk to each other and coordinate shoots so that there's not a lot of overlap. You can almost shoot 3D every weekend from April to mid-September. Different club/location each weekend, but the variety is really good.

Ron