Dish or Direct tv?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by thehairlessone!, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Dish

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Direct Tv

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

I got dish and I am thinking of switching to direct tv. Any opinions either way?

Direct is going to have more hunting channels and their people are in America when you answer the phone. Those are the two reasons I am thinking about switching.

rick

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have Digital cable.......its cheaper, I get my phone and internet included andi dont watch TV anyway........

Alot of my buddies are all changing over to Digital.......the Cost savings averages over $50 a month.......every 2 months I get a new dozen arrows, with the savings......:lol:

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I just made the switch from dish to direct a few months ago. I really wanted to add 2 more recievers in the house but since I was an existing customer with direct they didn't want to give me any kind of a deal. So I just switched to dish and got 4 brand new recievers for free...:peace: I did like the way the channels were arranged better on direct but it aint no big thang...:noidea:

4. thehairlessone!

I used to have digital cable and I didnt like it at all. I had it like 3 months tops. They didnt have any hunting channels at all.

rick

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont watch TV, my wife does, and i dont watch hunting shows, when i am watching TV:hug: :hug:

6. bullfiddle

Bunny only watches soap operas on his days off...:noidea:

7. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

I thought bunnyman would have "rabbit ears" on top of his tv. :lol: :lol:

8. I don't have any of them, I live in a civilized state where we can still get programs free:peace:

9. bullfiddle

Until next year....:tape: :tape:

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

We went from Dish to Directv when we moved. Besides getting use to the programming stuff, I think we like it better:noidea: I don't watch much and when I do, Brent has the remote

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now thats funny right there:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

I have cable and love it! :bored:

[​IMG]

13. thehairlessone!

One thing I know for sure. I will never go back to cable. That was the worst three months of my life! :bowl:

rick

14. even after next year it will still be free, the signal will just be digital instead of analog. I can't see paying for cable or dish when there are so many good programs to watch on free tv.:peace:

15. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I have direct TV and have had it for 10 years...had DSL through my phone company, but decided to get rid of our home phone because it was a waste of money. Just use cell phones now and my cable company offers cable modem without having cable TV. And that is a good thing because my cable modem is faster than my DSL ever was!

But back to topic....Direct TV is great and we are TV people...I watch a lot of it!

16. irkr

irkr New Member

Direct here, I've had it since I got mad at cable. I drove to a Sams Club, bought the equip, and installed it myself on a Saturday. That was about 12 years ago. I've got about every channel you can get.
    irkr

17. thehairlessone!

Thanks guys! Sounds like direct is going to have a new customer in the next month.

rick

18. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

where I live, it would cost me $1,500 to get cable ran. For the most part, I was happy with Dish until they took my :censored: hunting shows off the air. I've also had problems with my satellite a few times too. I thought someone also told me that with Direct, you had to have a 2 year contract. And if you dropped Dish, and ever wanted to sign back up, they'd make you buy all the equipment again, you couldn't use one of those $29.99 coupons with 3 free receivers like I get in the mail every couple weeks. My local channels, which I paid extra for once were out, on and off, for a week, during the world series, and then it happened again during the NFL playoffs. This was a couple years back, but man was I :censored: jacked. :mad:

19. thehairlessone!

Slippy,
    i think both of them have 18 month contracts now. I almost went with direct tv the last time but I didnt know if I wanted to try them if I had to do a contract but that is how these types of services are now.

rick

20. Tenspot

Tenspot New Member

I too am considering Direct or Dish, we are broadcast air waves only. Cable is not an option, we are too far from any towns:peace: