Do you shoot with a release aid?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dooby, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

I figure most people on here shoot with a release aid. I'm just getting into using them, and I've noticed there are dozens of different types and manufacturers (beyond the wrist type, finger type, string, caliper, back pressure, etc.)

So, can some of you guys baby down the pro's and con's for the different types you have tried? I've read a lot of the generic stuff....but haven't found much practical comparison of the different types, brands, models, etc. that are out there.

I know that it's frequently personal preference, but barring a place for me to try out a few dozen...I come here to drink from your wells of knowledge. :laugh:

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I started with a Scott wrist strap release and loved it until I got my TruBall Pro Diamond. Now I can't seem to shoot with the Scott anymore. :cool:

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The trouble with releases is there really isn't anywhere that stocks enough of them to make a good comparison...
    you usually have to buy and try or trade around to try a bunch of them...

now as far as my expierience...TRU Ball makes a great release and their customer service is fantastic!!!
    and the pro diamond is a good release for all around shooting.
    Carter is also a great release company...

For hunting I prefer a wrist strap because its always where I need it and I can't drop it out of the tree...

4. vmabuck

vmabuck Killer B

I shoot with a loop so I have a TRU Ball "Loopmaster." It has always worked great for me.

I have never used anything but that at this point in my shooting career.

But I suppose there is a reason why I see all the really good shooters using the Carter brand finger type releases...

5. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Of course....good marketing and incentives if you win title using their release? :lol:

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Started off with a Tru-Fire X-Caliper shooting relax trigger. Have shot Tru-Ball Ultra 3's pure BT. Now I'm messin around with a TB Pro Diamond and TB Chappy Boss.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ummm kinda but not really.......the Carter Evo+ may be the most ultimate release ever made........

I am really liking my new Tru Ball Sniper though:noidea:

8. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Why?

I mean, what features make it the ultimate?

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its a tention release.....it fires by an amount of pressure (set by you) over your holding weight......

as you draw your bow, you hold on the safety post, when you get to your anchor, you then release the saftey......

by tightening your shoulder blades (back muscles) together, the release goes off as a suprize.....(hopefully:D )

master this release and you have just about learned BACK TENTION......:rockon:

10. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I don't like the feel of the wrist strap, so I've tried several types of T-handel style releases. I stopped looking when I got the Tru Ball Pro Diamond. It's very adjustable and they fix any problem for the cost of shipping, no questions asked.