Does anyone do woodworking in here

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Southernfryedyankee, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I am looking to have an unfinished (no stain, polyurethane or laquer) JUST ababy skin smooth sanded bow rack made that I will finish when my room is completed. It must be able to fit a Bowtech Tribute. I want it to look EXACTLY like this (refer to picture), minus the hoyt picture on top HAHA. I would also like silver or black hinges and lock used on it. I would like the support pegs (3.5+" mug pegs) put in these locations to support the weight of the bow (refer to red arrows in picture). Any takers with price quotes. Also if possible if you can post pics of previous wood work you have done or bow racks you have built that would be fantastic. If need be I can do a 3d image of this bow rack to help. I also have a 12-14" stabilizer that needs to be taken into account when designing the heght so it doesnt hit that top piece of wood.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  2. mystic1219

mystic1219 New Member

Funny you ask, my wife and I built a porch swing about 2 weeks ago and it turned out to look really good (better than we had expected), and I have been wanting to build a bow rack. Here is the swing http://s24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/justinbeatty/Porch Swing/
    I was thinking about doing one like this http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SOLID-WALNU...oryZ1291QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (for both of our bows). I may be interested in building one to sell, and wouldnt charge too much as we enjoy doing it. PM me if you are intersted.

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Not really sure what your looking for....i started making this wall unit for 1 of my bows untill my wife talked me out of it to make her a display for little red riding hood stuff that she collects.....if you take away the shelves it would make a nice display for a bow and keeps the dust off.....has double glass doors ....the wood on this one at the top is dark walnut....it came out of my grand mother's house.....so the top on another would be pine.....or i'll build you the bigger one.....:laugh: :laugh:

4. Southernfryedyankee

Southernfryedyankee Senior Member

I saw that badboy when you first built it. That is sooooo awesome but its to big for my room HA

5. IChim2

The one you want would be a pc of cake...it's the shipping that scares me.

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah, the shipping would be scary...
    That's still as excellent cabinet(s)...

Ron

7. IChim2

Yeah....to make one just like the one has would run in the neighbor hood of 60$...matt/labor....but i'm guessing the shipping would run between 30 and 40$....which still isn't bad but more than most would want to pay.....i make these gun cabinets as a side thing and get 179$.....has a mirrored back...and it keeps me busy at times when things are slow....i've had people drive 150 miles one way to keep from paying the shipping on them.Most all these types of things that you buy now a days are that dang ole pressed paper crap....

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you only get $179.00

dude you live in the wrong state, those would sell for $500 here

9. IChim2

I know....but i live south Mo.