Does anyone know of a good lightweight treestand

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Butch32, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Butch32

Butch32 New Member

I am looking for a reliable lightweight treestand. My problem is that I have had six back surguries to date and I am possibly looking at number seven this year. The one I have is approximately 23-25lbs, which is 1/2 the limit of what I am allowed. Love to bowhunt, I have not tried a groundblind yet- I need to stand every nolw and then because of pain. I am new to the forum and would appreciate some help .:frusty:

2. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

loggy makes a real nice fixed stand, with the best seat on the market anda foot rest. The seat also has a rain cover that zips inside the seat. the stand is very very lightweight...

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

The Ameristep non-typical lineup is nice. Mostly aluminum and light. They have a real nice set of nesting tree steps that weight about 20# for the set to go 20' up. Their non-typical stands run in at 15# range I believe. Drop your height a bit and/or use a hand cart and you're good to go with your weight limit. Although that don't include your bow, backpack, etc and wht are you going to do if/when you bag a deer ?

Ron

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  4. Butch32

Butch32 New Member

climber not hang on

I should have stated a climbing treestand, not adverse to a hang on but tree sticks add weight as well. my bad:doh: . I started with a hang on moved to a climber and love the ease of carrying one item(lazy as well).

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

sounds like you need a caddy
    summit makes a 19 lb 1

6. MObottomshunter

MObottomshunter Brown its down

Use a tree saddle. it weighs aprox. 2 lbs. and allows you to hunt out of any tree cuz it is just a sling def. the most mobile light stand you could ask for. check it out at www.treesaddle.com

7. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I'm a big fan of the lone wolf line but if I had the back problems your having I'd get some help and set up ladder stands ahead of time. Setting up hang ons and climbers on the fly can be tough on the back.

8. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I don't know how your back would take hanging instead of sitting, but you might check out the Ambush Saddle . Go to John Eberhart's web sight. He gives a good description there on how to use it. It's about as light as you're going to get, and you can ware it while you walk in.

9. Butch32

Butch32 New Member

Treesaddle

Thank you for the idea of the treesaddle, but part of my problem is I am fused last three vertebre to my sacrum (part of pelvis) and this puts a big strain on my hips(changed how I sit, walk, stand etc) so anything that adds to that pressure I can't use. looks like a good product , just not for me.:frusty: