Does anyone use this

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by lungcutter, Nov 27, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Archery innovations has a product called the anchor site. I am looking at putting one on me bow. Does it really work and will it make me a better shot?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.:usa:

2. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

I spent my money on one once......:doh:

It's good if all you want to do is hit a pie plate at 20 yards.:frusty:

I would spend my money elsewhere. I had a heck of a time reselling it and took a bath at that.:Cry:

3. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I shoot at long distances now for practice and wondered if this would help. I will not be getting one.:wave:

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

I use one. I can do a little better than a pie plate too. :D
    It will not make you a better shot, any more than a new release or sight. It's just an alternative to the string peep, and will show if your torquing the bow differently than when you set it up. I started using a no-peep (same type of thing) when I had trouble keeping a string peep from rotating (no doubt a crappy string was to blame) but, after shooting with these devices for a couple years I can say I doubt I will ever go back to a string peep. Especially on a hunting bow where low light conditions are the norm. I'm not really a target shooter but I can do the 1" groups per 10 yards out to 50, sometimes 60 if Im doing good. They do take some time to get used to and they obviously are'nt everyone's cup of tea, but I like them.

5. red44

red44 Senior Member

Lungcutter, what is it that has you thinking about trying one?

6. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

I have heard nothing but good about it. I have had one for about 21 days now. I have been trying to figure out why certain a few arrows would hit differently at 40yds. It helped me figure out it was my grip at certain times.

Now i can hit a skoal can consistently at 50.

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

You better head to Vegas this year if you can shoot like that. 18 meters should be a cake walk.

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Im not one to copy the pro hunters, but I saw this on double bull and was interested in using it. I dont know if it would help me in a hunting situation. I practice all the way out to 60 yrds. and am able to group. I just like the idea of another way to make sure that I doing everything right. I would like to still keep my peep sight, is this doable?

9. red44

red44 Senior Member

Would be difficult I think to have both. If your lining up your round pin gaurd with the peep you won't see the Anchor. If you had an older sight with open pins it could be done if your string peep was big enough. If your not having issues with using a string peep I don't think you'll gain anything with an anchor sight. 6 of one, half dozen with the other if you know what I mean.