Does size matter?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jay Are, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Here’s a question for everyone and I understand like most things, that there really is no wrong answer, but looking for people’s opinions.

What is the ideal weight for a stabilizer and length for someone shooting 3D?
    Does size matter? (In archery and get your mind out of the gutter because we all know why you opened up this thread!)

2. magibson@insightbb.com

magibson@insightbb.com Junior Member

use whatever you are comfortable with, all that matters is that you enjoy what your doing ( although some shoots have an arrow diamiter size maximum)

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Just a couple things to consider. In this case size does matter. You will hold and aim better with a longer stabilizer than compared to a 4".

Now don't go overboard either. Just because longer is better don't try to find a 5ft long stabilizer. I usually judge based on the type of shooting and the size of the person.

Typical 3D setup is 24-28". I usually shoot a 28 or 31 for 3D but I'm just over 6ft tall.

4. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

It also depends on what class you want to shoot in. Bowhunters, Fixed Pins, Mens Release all would have to have 12" or less. Decide what you want to shoot and go from there.

MoBowman ```---------->

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Maybe thats why my score is so low I only use an S-Coil.:noidea: Some of those stabilizers I have seen are almost like range finders they are so long.:crazy: But in the end you must use what you feel comfortable with and have confidence in.:peace: