Dog chased my sons deer away

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by lungcutter, Nov 12, 2007.

1. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

He has been trying hard this year to do all his hunting with a bow. He finally has a nice buck one step away from the freezer and a dog comes out of the woods and chases it away. There were 2 dogs no hunters and they chaised deer for hours around our stand. I wouldn't let him shoot these dogs but I was about at my wits end when they blew his shot at his first deer.:doh:

What should I do. I think I may try to grab them next time and take them to the animal shelter.:noidea:

2. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

and if that dont work you could try calling animal control......

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

sounds good to me. I know we have a dog that kept getting out and after we paid the animal shelter fine, he had to be tied up in the kennel :doh:

4. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I hate to see my sons hunt messed up but I won't shoot these dogs. They are someones pets. Animal control might be the way to go since these dogs are wearing tags.

5. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

If you catch one or if they'll come to you then call the # on the tag and see if the owner wants you to put them down. He/she will be over in a second to pick them up and If they like them dogs at all you won't se'em again. The trick is to ask them like you're wanting to do them a favor...:laugh: It should sound something like this..."Mr. or Mrs. soinso....I have your dog at my house and by lookin at him, he/she doesn't look happy at all, I can see he hasn't been home in awhile. So I was wondering if you wanted me to go ahead and have them "taken care of" (slight pause here) so you don't have to deal with them gettin out anymore? Or you can come and get um if you want." If it all goes smooth you'll never see the dogs again.:lol:

6. j3dGuam

j3dGuam Senior Member

Same thing happened to me yesterday. When I drove up to my hunting area a dog was chasing a doe and fawn around the jungle near where I parked. I made my way to my stand and for the first hour the dog just keep running around chasing animals. If he came under my stand I would have put an arrow in it. Luckily my day was not wasted. I was able to arrow a nice wild boar about an hour after the dog left.

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I like the idea of calling the owner and telling them that I will gladly take care of their dog if they want me too.:evil:

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I would have no problem doing this if it wasn't in such a small town. I swear that everyone else is related to everyone else. Could cause a bit of a problem with the neighbors.:D :frusty:

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha,Lungcutter!

Easy solution.
    Take some table scraps and where you park throw them out and the dogs will stay up at the truck.:noidea:
    Or they will be to full to run a deer.
    If that dont work, well if you dont tell no one will know.:D

10. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I like the way you think:tape: :whistle:

11. SinGin

SinGin Banned

The three S's
    Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut Up
    Done this severl times and no I don't care what you think

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

My dogs run off once in a while....if someone shot my dog on the first time it did something like this, I would be pretty upset. If the hunter came to me and told me the problem, we could work something out where I make sure I don't let the dogs out of the kennel while he is hunting. If I don't care enough to keep my dog kenneled or make a deal with the hunter AFTER he has spoken to me, I might expect my dog NOT to come home next time.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

does PA have a leash law??........:tape:

14. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I'd have dog skulls above my garage door to match the rest..:lol:

15. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

get out the rifle and mistake em for coyotes .. u couldnt tell at 200yds could u?

16. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:rockon: ...I havnt been hunting very long, but I'll tell you, all my time and energy to go out and set my stand up and then hunt......Remember the movie "all dogs go to heaven" ??

17. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Well I'm going out on Fri. and Sat. for turkey. If I see these 2 dogs running deer, they will be runnin deer on streets of gold.