Don't get Wenzeled

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by tnts79, May 30, 2008.

1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Probally one of the best internet flame jobs ever! This is how not to sell stuff on the internet....
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

Example post- (not me just another reader) post was from 05!
    --Like so many others, I've joined up simply to get in on the ruthless, excruciatingly public beatdown of Charlie Wenzel. I'm doing this as a public service, a lesson to all would-be deadbeats, weasels, and individuals convinced of their own specialness.<br>
    Charlie, I've been selling car parts on eBay for a few years now, and I've waded through endless oceans of steaming monkey **** thanks to your ilk. Potential buyers are suspicious of me and my motives- and I agonize for hours trying to portray the items I'm selling in the most honest manner possible- because they've been burned (that is <i>Wenzeled</i>) by unscrupulous sellers. And many buyers have tried to Wenzel me as well; I'll tell you, if not for the miracle of tracking numbers and Delivery Confirmation, there'd be a lot of your sort out there sitting fat and happy on merchandise I'd given them for free ("Oh, UPS says it got delivered and I signed for it? Well, whaddya know? I just didn't see it on the porch! Never mind!"). Just the other day I spent five hours building a special crate for a beautiful Toploader because the idea of it getting trashed on the truck as it sped toward its new home in a 289 Cobra made me feel sick to my stomach.<br>
    So you see, Charlie, I take it <i>personally</i> that those who think and behave as you do are permitted to enjoy the same world and breathe the same oxygen as those of us who take our responsibilities to society seriously. Your a**holery and selfishness has caused me pain, Charlie, and now you're going to pay!<br>
    Yes, pay you will, because the very same Internet that enabled you to lie, brag, cheat, and Wenzel others will now be the instrument of your downfall! You shall know dread, Charlie. Fear. The contempt of your fellow man. All these shall be yours, for your sad story is multiplying on the internet at a rate far beyond anything you imagined possible when you began your attempt to do Nickel-and-Dime Scam #57 for the year. I had never heard of Pirate 4X4 before today- hell, I got here via a Crown Victoria site- but I guarantee you I'll be joined by 50,000 more before the sun rises on what is sure to be a Very Difficult Saturday at the Wenzel household<br>
    You're not a man, Charlie, but you can still become one. Confess your sins. Admit you were wrong. Plead for mercy. Ride out a rough couple of months, accept your role as the provider of a very public lesson for an entire generation of would-be Wenzelers, and then you'll stand tall.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2008
  2. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

I didn't read throught the entire post, but on page 1 they sure had some colorful language. :noidea: Seems like there certainly is no love loss between the involved parties. Goes to show that it's hard to get away with scams on members of certain group/activity oriented forums. They will band together to make justice occur. Something similar happened a few times on AT (without the foul language). Hope it never has to happen here.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I scanned through the whole thread. (sitting here at work with nothing to do)

yeah, the language is rough, but there's some funny stuff in there.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

4. pred8er

When I have some time, I'll finish reading it. Sounded like it would provide some humor :laugh:

5. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

WHOA!! How many pages was that?

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That is great stuff right there...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What a total scumbag...I'll finish reading it later...

7. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Actually I mispoke. I looked at about 30 pages, until the guy got his money back. I think the entire thread was 58......:peace:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

more like 73:p

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yupper 73...
    I'm on page 11 right now...you just can't make this stuff up...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

is it worth reading??

:laugh:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's funny...but I'm at page 16 and I've had enough....:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

12. pred8er

I made it to page 23 and had to jump to the end. Too much of the same stuff. Full of calling names (adult type words/names) and threats. :noidea: I gather though that the guy sent the item back and got his money back. Bad all around.:frusty: :frusty:

13. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I got to post #15 and was sick of it.:doh: