Dopiest question of the day

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by tiffinthecity, Apr 26, 2007.

1. tiffinthecity

tiffinthecity Junior Member

I would like to try a 3D shoot but I do not own my own bow nor do I intend to invest in one until I'm sure I really like it. Are there places to rent bows or are they otherwise available at the shoots? i don"t really know anyone i could borrow from

Got any ideas???

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Do you know any other women or teenage boys that have bows and shoot 3D shoots? I would think that would be your best bet as far as finding a bow to shoot an entire course with.

If not, check your yellow pages for archery shops. Call and see if they have any bow that might fit you that you could go and shoot. They might not let you "rent" them, but they should let you shoot them in the shop or maybe even outside at a 3D target if they have one.

I've never heard of a place that rents archery equipment, but that doesnt mean they don't exist.

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

do you know what your draw length and draw weight is???

you live in NY right??

I dont know if your interested but there is a bunch of guys and gals going to Northern Dutchess Rod and Gun Club this Sunday and you are more than welcome to tag along and ask questions and just see if its of intrest to you....

its just an offer....we start around 8-8:30

4. tiffinthecity

tiffinthecity Junior Member

thanks bowman!

maybe i will....i'm not sure about the time.....kinda early.....i'm about an hour away in westchester and i do shoot a mathews genesis....for a couple of months now but i'm just not ready to buy.....

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you could shoot your genisis on the course....there are a ton of the younger people shooting them around here....:noidea:

what ever time you decide there will be people there you can tag along with....

what time could you get there??? I just dont like to tie up a hole sunday thats all.....

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I've never heard of renting either but I'm sure if you go to the proshops around you someone can hook you up with another woman who you can shoot with and use her bow. Only thing is make sure your dl is the same. Do not force yourself to shoot a bow that does not fit you correctly as this will cause you problems.

Bowman has a great suggestion here also if you can meet up with him and brokenarrow and the guys. They probably shoot with some ladies and may find someone willing to allow you to shoot around with their bow. I hope you find someone that can help because archery is truly an awesome sport to get involved in. Best of luck to ya and remember to have fun.:peace:

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...Try and make the shoot...It's a nice club...and your Genesis is fine for a 3D...:peace:

8. Westchesta!?

I know some good guys down there I could refer ya too if ya wanted.

Check out Flying Arrow Sports or Cougar Sports (Ardlsey)

9. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Shoot your Matthews dude. All you need is a adjustable sight or a couple pins.