Double or Single STS?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Onyx Z, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

Has anyone experience the "thump" (as STS describes it) with a single STS on shorter A2A bows? What about the double? Did it fix the problem? I'm trying to decide which one I should get for my 30" Bear Instinct.

And will the rear mount work as a front mount? I hear people complaining that the rod is way too long on the rear mounts, so I figured it's the same product that they market as two different models.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I can't help with the sts...but i did put a css on my truth and i don't hear a thing.Best archery product i ever bought.

3. Onyx Z

Onyx Z Member

yeah, I'm leaning toward the single, I don't want to add anymore weight than is needed. I just don't want to get it installed and find out I should have gotten the double.

4. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

I've got the MeanV CSS thru MeanV Archery and couldn't be happier with it. I just ordered another one for my other bow. Plus it is custom-sized for your bow. It's a single and doesn't have the weight of a double. Made a big difference on my bow. Try it and I don't think you can go wrong. He gets them to you quick and is good to deal with.:amen:

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

I shoot a double front mount STS on my trykon, its the best $40 you can spend on an accessory, I put a single front mount sts on my old bow, but it sold that day and a I never got a chance to shoot it. As for the thump, there will always be a little bit of noise with an sts but its much quieter than string buzzzz!

6. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

A meanv CSS is definatly the way to go!:rockon: