Down to the nitty-gritty

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by red44, Dec 22, 2007.

1. red44

red44 Senior Member

My bow season was basicly shot, SG I got out 2 times. Here we are in ML season, which I can use a ML or bow. I'm working xmas day and the day after, plus the next 2 nights. Have till sundown on the 31st. Wish me luck, I will need it. Now where is that little doe I passed up earlier in the season?....

2. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

Good luck to ya red. I hope you connect.:wave:

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Good luck! :wave:

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

Thanks guys. This has been the toughest year for me as far as time in the woods in quite a while. Gonna give it hell after Wednesday. Hope to make you all proud.:D

5. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

I hear ya man,ive got my water boilin all i need is the tag for tag soup,my season ends mid January so i got a little more time,but good luck hope you score a biggin,lets bringem home....................:peace:

6. red44

red44 Senior Member

Update. Nothing.......but close yesterday w/ML. Running yearling in the woods about 60-70 yards. Did'nt even shoulder the gun. Not good odds. Down to ONE DAY! Monday. Going to be a little weather too. ARRRRrrrrrgggg!

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Ha, Red!

Its Rifle season here but monday we have the last 6 days are doe days.
    I havent shot a doe in a few years
    But i havent taken my re-curve out yet.
    Im gonna do it this week ive got 4 days off.:rockon:
    Im gonna stick a doe with my recurve.:D
    You have great luck on your hunt.:wave:

8. red44

red44 Senior Member

Good luck to you too. Just watching the weather, they're forecasting 4-6" Sunday night into Monday morning. I'll have to do a little snow removal before I get after them. A little fresh snow would'nt be a bad thing for the last day.

9. Don't forget to take the camera, fresh snow and with a deer down = great pictures. Good luck.

10. red44

red44 Senior Member

And so it ends. :Cry:
    Well, we got all rain and no snow, but it stopped early. Did'nt have a bad last day, I did jump 2. Stayed on their tracks hoping for a slip-up, but they went right up into a subdivision neighborhood. First year in a while with no venison. Makes you want it bad. Congrats to those who did get deer, and good luck to you guys still hunting.

11. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Ill be joining the club also,,,,:Cry: well i got 15 days left till my end comes got my fingers crossed,theirs always next year....dont party too hard;)

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

I got mine crossed for you too. Heck, it only takes a second to get one, what's the problem?:biggrin1: I got a date with a buddy to Duck hunt in the AM. Duck breast is sloppy seconds compared to deer.