Draw Length / D-Loop discussion

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Dredly, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

KEEP IT CLEAN AND NICE!

Here you go:

The "correct" draw length should place the nock of the arrow directly below the eye. This is regardless of anchor point. and we are only speaking compounds here. You traditional guys don't count! :p

*images are stolen from other sites, if you are in them and want them removed let me know

Notice the D-Loop in the right image... the arrow still lines up the same but the anchor is back a little bit? This doesn't affect draw length and if he was shooting off the string his draw length would not move, he would just move his anchor up to a less comfortable position.

[​IMG]

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

This is what I was trying to say and maybe it was misunderstood, if you have a 27"draw and put a 1 inch loop on it still is a 27"draw. That's all I was saying, it doesn't effect the length. Could you then take the loop off and shoot a 28'draw from the string, yeah probably.

Seriously though tnt, if the use of capital letters upset you then sorry but there is no need for insulting someone with names on here. :peace:

3. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Hey Stinkergy don't give me yo... oh wait... you were agreeing with me... never mind continue on :laugh:

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Much ado about nothing! You do understand that by having a long d-loop you must move your hand farther back to reach full draw??? The drawlength of the bow will be whatever it's set at, but how far your hand must travel will depend on the loop! End of discussion! Sorry I upset you by calling you a dummy, Nancy!

5. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

SIZE OF D_LOOP DOES NOT EFFECT DRAW LENGTH!:biggrin1: only anchor:yawn:

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

And there he goes again -- YELLING AT US! :biggrin1:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I don't think his name is Nancy...

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Its a Reading thing... they have to yell to be heard over the gunfire :wave:

9. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Nancy is just not getting it..........:doh:

10. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Ok here it is, the draw length is set, whatever it may be..... You shoot from the string, your hand has to travel to some point X in space to get too full draw...... You add a 3/4" d-loop to the string your hand now has to travel an additional 3/4" farther back to reach the same full draw position as before! The drawlength of the bow is unchanged but the distance you must move your hand increases due to the length of the loop!:amen:

11. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

I got it ......Argument Tournament

"SIN"ERGY 1
    TNTS79 0

:deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :whoo: :whoo: :caked: :caked: :caked:

12. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

How are you assigning points, I am definatly winning!

More like TNT 10000000000000000000000000000000 for being right
    Sinergy -100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    for being a dummy!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

actually if we want to get all technical you bow isn't "being drawn" until you begin moving the string... which means the loop would already be taunt by that time.

your draw will be the exact same distance covered it will just start from a point further from the riser,

Point for Dredly

14. JTitan

JTitan Junior Member

Cool beans. I understand now. And my knuckles should be just below my ear. I will have to get a picture of myself and see how I line up.

Thanks for the clarification!

15. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

2 points for Dredly, I figure you get a bonus for the thread!!!!!!!1

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

well that part depends a lot on the release being used...

17. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Ideally you want as small a loop as possible, if you can shoot a 3 inch loop lengthen the draw of the bow and shorten the loop. The issue still remains your wrist/hand will be farther back when shooting a long loop as opposed to shooting a small loop.....-1 point for dred!

18. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Ding.....ding.....ding......We have winner.:biggrin1:

The bows draw length is measured from the string at rest to the string at full draw when the cams come to their stopping point. That is it. Nothing else.:rockon:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Do I get another point for having JC agree with me?

20. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

It's not the length we are debating! Its the distance you have to apply effort to get the bow too full draw.