draw length

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by camohunter87, May 24, 2008.

1. camohunter87

camohunter87 New Member

I have a 07 Diamond Justice, I need a 30" draw but the modual only allows a 29" draw. It has been suggested that I buy a longer string. Should I go through with this and risk having bad nock travel or buy a setup that would fit me better.

Thanks

2. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

It's not your string you need to change. You need to get new modules for the bow to change to a longer DL. I'm not 100% sure Diamonds use modules 'cuz I don't own one, but they are made by Bowtech who does use them. It stands to reason that Diamonds have them too. Talk to you dealer and he/she should be able to help you get what you need.

Let us know how it turns out.

3. J.C.

J.C. New Member

you need the 30" module. any diamond dealer should have it

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, Diamonds use modules. You can get them from a dealer or directly from Bowtech/Diamond. The number is on their website if you cannot find the mods locally.

Do NOT change the string or cable length... One of those changes or the combination of the two will cause significant performance and tuning issues with the bow. The mod is very easy to change and does not require a bow press to change it. I believe you just need to use a 3/32" allen wrench (get a good, name brand one so you don't strip the screw out). And when you put the screws back in you need to use a bit of blue loc-tite on the threads so vibration does not back the screws out. Make sure it's the blue loc-tite and NOT the red. The blue allows the screw to be removed, with a little elbow grease, the red locks in in place until you apply a significant amount of heat to break the bond.

Ron

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Yep just change the mod. Who in the world suggested changing string length?? Some people should just not give opinions. Congrats on the Diamond bow. Hope you get things all lined out and shootin can begin.:peace: GOOD LUCK.

6. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

Plus the modules will probably be cheaper than new strings and cables.

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

New string and cable is NOT the answer anyway so it's not a matter of the difference of expense of one solution vs the RIGHT solution. The MOD needs to be changed...

Ron

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

ABSOLUTELY...POSITIVELY...WITHOUT A DOUBT.:rockon:

9. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

On the 07 Justice it will go to a 30" draw.

You need a DB-1 mod

Dan