Draw-Loc

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by rackaholic30, May 14, 2008.

1. rackaholic30

rackaholic30 New Member

A few years ago I injured my shoulder pulling back my bow on the last day of the season. Sitting all morning in cold temps and too much poundage ended badly for me. I am no longer able to pull back a bow and going left handed causes problems for me also. So I've been using a crossbow these last couple years and I can't stand it. It's great that I am able to still get out hunting but I would love to shoot a bow again. I just recently sold my crossbow and I'm going to buy a new bow and try out the Draw-Loc. It's been around for quite some time but I can't find much for reviews on it. It's made by Hickory Creek Archery in Mississippi. I'm wondering if anyone on here has any thoughts on it and if they have used one or know someone that has used one. I'm pretty set on giving it a try because it will be the only way I can go back to using a bow! I look forward to seeing some replies :wave:

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I've seen them in action on Goff's show but I dont have any personal experience with them.

3. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Shoulder surgery isn't an option??

4. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

Check your regs. Devices like that aren't legal here in CT.

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Or NY...:noidea:

6. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Welcome to the site. A few years back Pete Shepley owner of PSE bows broke his arm and he used a release attached to a chest protector. In stead of pulling the string back, he would attach the string to the release/protector and push the bow forward.. PSE has a forum and if you ask over there someone might be able to help you find some info on it.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:welcome: to the forum and glad to hear you are still hunting. But those types of devices are not legal in IN either.

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

for everybody who says it's illegal, wouldn't it be classified as a crossbow? he's been hunting with those.

9. BowhuntnHoosier

My Indiana regs say string must be held by hand or hand held release I believe. Crossbows are only legal during certain parts of the season or the handicapped.

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

he's disabled, he's already hunting with crossbows.....:frusty: :D

11. BowhuntnHoosier

But I think a compound with that device is not considered a crossbow.:noidea:

12. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

That's the way I read it. :noidea: It reads you can get an exemption to use a crossbow in early archery but there's nothing about using a device like that. Guess the idea is a no go for our state.