Drop away Problem

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IAHunter11, Sep 18, 2007.

1. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

I put a trophy taker drop away rest on my bow.. Hopefully to have 100% arrow clearance... This did not happen I put one vane straight up and the other two on the sides.. I shoot left handed and the bottom right flight is starting to get wavy which tells me my vane is touching something on the way out.. Anyone have any ideas??

2. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Try the "ole" lipstick trick. Put some lipstick on the vane in question then shoot it and see exactly where it is hitting.

3. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I have the same rest and noticed one of my vanes getting discolore. All I had to do was rotate the nock a bit and that took care of the problem.

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

make sure your center shot is almost perfect. Trophy Takers need the extra clearance. I have to do this to all my set ups. And I use them on all my bows.Also, you want it to be about level with the shelf when its down. Other wise it sets to high...

5. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Sounds like all you need is some minor adjustments. I had to tweek mine before I got it shooting just right.

A great rest I am sure you will love it once it is all set up.

6. rpford53

rpford53 Member

If it is the inside vane it is being hit by the control cable for the rest as it the cable will shoot up upon release. You should either put a nock on the the other side of the attachment point, or tie a knot on the otherside. That is if there is not one already there. Hope this helps.

7. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I have a tt/sl on one of my bows and had a problem with the vane touching the launcher arm houseing so i took it apart and used a small 3 sided file and filed 1/16" more out of the square notch on the arm houseing..had to raise my nock also.worked.