drop away rests

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by red man, Jul 28, 2008.

1. red man

red man New Member

i am in the market for a drop away rest i have the drop tine biscuit. and was wondering who makes the best drop away rests? i have herd that QAD makes a good one and i can get it on ebay for about 40.00 but they way i was brought up the more money you spend the better the product. i know i probably opened a can of worms on this but just need input. do they have any problems in the cold weather? thanks ALSO any one have one up for sale let me know thanks

2. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I still shoot a QT 3000 Prong rest. The bow tech. I know and trust said to spend the 20 or 30 dollars more and buy a Ripcord when I asked him about that same model. Haven't made the switch, yet.

3. Duck65

Duck65 Hillbilly

I have the QAD on my 07 Pearson Z-32 and love it.:biggrin1:

4. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

If you're gonna get a QAD, spend the extra money and get the HD with the lock down feature. This eliminates the bounce that can happen. If the prongs bounce back up, they can whack the fletching on the way by.

5. Rhustek

Rhustek New Member

Look into a Muzzy Z-effect. Most of my family shoots them and love em. Just like any trop away, make sure you trust the guy who is setting it up for you and check for interference before you leave the shop.

6. Slice

Slice The Fobinator

7. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I have Slice's back on this one.

8. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

:thumb: The Vapor Trail Limb Driver is an excellent drop away. Check out the high speed camera footage on their website....

9. Captain19

Captain19 Grim Reaper of the Foam

I can't tell you the best one cause I have'nt used them all. But I can tell you that the ripcord is good. But there is one flaw with it. It doesn't consistantly drop away at the same speed. I had fletching contact with it shooting high profile vanes (Blazers and Quickspin 2" ST's) I used chalk on the fletching and found intermittant contact with coc vane up with the hen vanes hitting and consistant contact with coc vane down. I had two very good shops look at it and could not adjust it to work. I got a Trophy ridge drop zone right now and it seems to work fine. Whats the general opinion of the dropzone ?

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

MINE? or people who have had good luck with them??:noidea:

too much play at full draw for me........

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I like the dropzone but it can develop wear on the nylon sleeves inside that can cause it to hang up. then you have to tear it down and replace them. the infamous "rebuild kit".......:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wasnt gonna go there, BUT, since you mentioned it........:laugh:

13. ace7038

ace7038 New Member

I have had tremendously good luck with the cobra diamond back. I have a muzzy zero effect on a bow, and if it wasn't there when I bought the bow I don't think I would have put it on. I have tried the trophy taker and am not a fan of it either. I am going to put a limbdriver on my next bow and see how they are. I really like the ripcord but may not get around to trying it out.

14. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I went with the Rip Cord a few years ago due to the fact the arm will lock in the up position for hunting. (I know other rest do the same now). Ive had zero issues with this rest. You can pick them up on the AT classifieds for 50 bucks or so all the time.

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

DITTO.........no problems here either.:peace:

16. red man

red man New Member

does any one might have one for sale at a decent price :noidea:

17. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I like the ripcord. But I am a Trophy Taker Man myself it is simple to set up and shoot and is bulletproof.

18. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Since early last autum I still have not gotten my low-end QAD working perfectly(which I did not mind-even with fletching contact it was still 1 million times better than my Whisker Biscuit). I want to try the FOBs this year and need it working perfect. I broke down and e-mailed them to ask what to do. Within 2 hours they had emailed a response(asking for more details instead of answering my question, albeit). But I was surprised at that. I would rank them high in customer service(unlike Parker bows).

19. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Red-man, you want to buy my QAD:D :D ?Lol