Drop Away

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by ridgewalker243, Dec 23, 2006.

1. ridgewalker243

ridgewalker243 Member

I was looking to switch to a drop away rest for this coming year. I haven't herd much about them and was wondering how they performed. How do they shoot down range? Do you have trouble with you arrow staying on the rest? Anyone have any suggestions on a brand or model that I should look into??

2. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I have a drop a way on a switchback and love it. It shoots awsome down range. I would recomend it to anyone. I am putting one on my girlfriends bow.

3. Scablands

Scablands Member

Check out the QAD rests. Full containment, drops only if fired and great customer service.

4. swampbuck

swampbuck Junior Member

there are different types of rest that are better for certain applications and i have shoot most of them and drop aways are great especially if you don't want to spend alot of time tuning your rest. I love my trophy taker shakey hunter and would never shoot anything else except if i was into stalking animals, then i'd probably stick with the whisker biscut!

5. Josh

Josh Junior Member

I like my Muzzy Zero Effect drop away rest. It has no strings or springs showing that could be damaged in the woods. I think drop aways are good because you dont have to worry about arrow making contact with your rest and screwing the flight up.

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

i got a dropzone and its awesome. my equipment is abuse and its still shootin awesome. only thing i dont like about it is a little extra noise from the arm dropping down but i can live with it

7. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I have the DropZone and the Shakey Hunter, both rest are well worth the money. :biggrin1:

8. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I have a Hoyt quik tune and a nap quik tune, both with the tm hunter style prongs, i just revesed the spring tesion to push the prongs down insted of up, works great, I havent had any trouble with it falling off during draw, but you need to draw your bow smooth, I extend my holding arm like im aiming, and the draw the bow with my right arm, i dont do the aim at the sky push and pull to get the bow back... if your doing that, id look into a containment rest of some sort... or loos some draw weight... I like the drop rests though!!