dropzone

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by killbambidead, Aug 15, 2007.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

lately my dropzone rest hasnt been droppin all the way i put some wd40 in it and it was fine for about a week but i dont want to keep doin that cause it stinmks and deer can smell wat can i do to fix it ?

2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

There are some teflon sleeves inside the rest that get nicks in them and make the rest hang up. The tech at my local Gander Mountain told me he could get Trophy Ridge to send him some rebuild kits for free, which he did. He gave me one and it made it like a new rest. I don't know if an individual can call them up and get a kit sent out direct, or if you would need to go through a pro shop, but it sounds like your rest needs to be rebuilt.

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

First is the spring wore out? Second I would get some electric contact cleaner and spray it inside where the working parts are. This stuff will clean all kinds of dirt and grit out and will no residue for dirt and grit to grab onto. If you do it now the smell will be gone by deer season.

Mo.Hick

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dropzones......

the only rest on the market w/a rebuild kit......thats quality right there:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

5. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

mine is still working great after all 50 shots tonight..... btw... thanks for the arrow info bm... i got the maxims tonight

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

im really unimpressed with that less than a year and i have to repair it. i guess im just gonna have to keep it clean and spray it down. thanks for the quick responses .. o and the spring us fine that was the 1st thing i looked at

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Not sure about a Drop Zone but keep in mind that WD-40 is a water displacer and NOT a lubricant. WD = "Water Displacer". It will evaporate after a period of time and whatever residue remains tends to somehow keep rubber parts from dry rotting but has no lubricating properties that last. Try it on a child's bicycle chain and you will see what I mean very quickly. That chain will be screaming like a bunch of angry sparrows in a few miles of riding.

If you want to lubricate something with a thin lubricant silicone spray is by far the best. The initial smell of the propellant/carrier is pungent but quickly goes away. Silicone itself is odorless and relatively begnin, which is why they use it (or used to use it) for certain surgical female 'enhancements'....

Ron