Dumbest thing you have bought for hunting!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Hoyt1986, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Hoyt1986

Hoyt1986 GIT R-DONE!!!!!!

I would have to say cough silencer and carbon blast spray. Might as well mix ashes and water and dunk your clothes in it. What about yall???? Thought this thread might get interesting:lol:

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I rifle. lol :lol: :laugh: :lol: 300 win mag to drop Ga whitetails. If they were as big as elk lol NOT

3. Joe_P.

Joe_P. Senior Member

A BOW, I have spend tons of money and countless hours of my time practicing, tuning and making arrows fly straight. I could of sat back and wasted all that time and money. :lol:

4. Shortshaft

Shortshaft Member

A book on the secrets of hunting whitetail deer. (apparently the deer never read it) :doh:

5. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Three treestands, at the time I had forgotten my EXTREME fear of heights. Infact, I probably had as much into stands, steps, towlines, and harnesses then I would have had into a nice blind. However, I am still determined to overcome this fear and be able to use them someday.

6. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

One of those cheap range finders that have the prisms in them. You see double images in the view finder and you turn the dial until they merge into one image and then read the number on the dial. Forget it. I could carry a 100 feet of string in my pocket. It would be handier. :frusty: :sad:

7. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

A Hoyt:tape: :lol: :lol:

I bought a plastic camo rain coat. The first time I wore it in the cold it cracked, and was useless. I also bought a bright red cane with a seat on top of it. worked great in the store on their floors, not so well in the mud and leaves:doh:

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

I would say

A long time ago i use to use camo face paint,( like Grease)
    instead of a net mask.
    the first time in a swamp on a hot day the bugs ate me up, that stuff started itchin and got all over everything:lol:

9. Skewtir

Skewtir New Member

I'm right there with goldfinger...what a piece:smash:

10. Cordwood

Cordwood Banned

Tinks and more Tinks and Tink Bombs...they dont work anywhere near as good as a glob of peanut butter smeared all over your boots. Ive seen deer spoke from Tinks...Ive had deer walk step for step following my peanut butter trail all the way up to my perch.:D

...also my summit viper collecting dust in the garage...worthless bowhunting stand.

11. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I would have to say all the money I've spent on scent products. Deer pee ,tarsal gland ,scrape drippers, all that stuff. Draging cotex dipped in scent, doing figure 8's around my stand spilling that stuff all over, all I was doing was trashing the area. My sucess went up exponentially when I went scent free.

12. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

I was looking at buying one this year...care to explain? :noidea:

or pm me if you wanna sell it/donate it to a great cause..:biggrin1:

13. Trufire06

Trufire06 -FrEaKNaStY-

Camo Face Paint....Worthless...And A Mess

14. Liv2Bowhunt

Liv2Bowhunt Senior Member

few years ago when i was in college, archery shop i was shooting at was selling a type of arm protector. this is before bows were being set up properly. this arm protector was attached to your bow. it screwed into the riser in the inside hole. worked great for stopping your arm from getting wacked, or even to keep heavy clothes out of the way, but it made you torque your bow when you shoot, accuracy whent to :tape:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A T.R.U. metal nocking loop...
    Shot with it about 20 minutes and it launched itself off the bow string...
    Never again... :frusty:

Ron

16. SinGin

SinGin Banned

One of those string things that screws into the stab hole and a spool of string attaches to the arrow, Good for about a 7 yard shot.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

THOSE ARE FOR FISH........:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

BLAZER vanes..............alluminum arrows...........

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  19. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Is that a new arrow just made for bunnyman to shoot?
    I shoot aluminum

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

sorry that I have fat fingers and hit the L twice