DXT or the General

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by majorleaguedobberman, Jul 22, 2008.

Which would you get?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2008.
  1. BowTech General

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Mathews DXT

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. majorleaguedobberman

majorleaguedobberman New Member

I cant make up my mind? I have shot both of them.. the dxt last week and general just now. I like both of them. the General is smooth! bare bow its real smooth, in the draw and in after the shot. The DXT was pretty smooth the draw curve wasnt as smooth as the general but the after the shot felt pretty much the same. The DXT was faster... (the general i shot was with the smooth mod). Five years from now when i get ready to get a new bow which would be worth more? or still about the same? someone help lol i am torn! and i am ready to get a new bow! i just cant make up my mind..!

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Well, the DXT is not going to be much faster than the General.
    You should buy the one that you feel the most confident with for sure.

If the bow you choose is 5 fps slower than the competition, who cares ? Shooting IBO at 300, plus or minus, is pretty damn fast.

I personally liked the DXT over the General but both bows were awsome in the hand, draw cycle and the shot. I'd have a tough time choosing between them myself.

Ron

3. majorleaguedobberman

the only thing holding me back from the bowtech at this time is the dual cams.. i worry about timing getting off.. i have always been a mathews man but shooting that bowtech is making me want to stray!

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I'm used to shooting single cams myself so kind of understand how you feel; but with the good strings that are available today once you're timed you really should be good to go until that string is shot. I don't think I'd let that scare me away. It sounds like the General feels a bit better to you so if I were you that would tip it to the General. :noidea: The resale on almost any 5yr old bow isn't that great so I wouldn't even let that enter in to it.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  5. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Mathews over Bowtech any day...any day.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

are you feeling o.k.??
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I shot both of them and with what I allready own, I would have to keep looking, neither bow is IN MY OPINION, are the best choices from each company.......

I would personally also look at.........in no particular order

Mathews S2
    Mathews Drenalin LD (if you want longer)

Bowtech Guardian
    Bowtech Commander (if you want longer)
    Bowtech Allegiance (MAY BE THE LAST YEAR FOR THIS BOW-AND ITS A SHOOTER)

Bear Truth 2

Hoyt Vectrix ( I really am not a Hoyt fan, but this bow is pretty nice)

PSE X-force 7 (if I wasnt a Mathews shop shooter, this would most likely be my bow of choice)

there are more, but these are the bows I have checked out

7. majorleaguedobberman

o, 50/50 yall are a real big help! lol
    i dunno what i want, think i am going to get the dxt i guess.. maybe next year ill get on the bowtech bus.

8. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont you mean

PERIOD!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I agree with Bunny...did I just say that :doh:

I thought the DXT sucked...if you want a mathews, the Drenalin felt MUCH better to me :noidea:

11. Paul S.

Paul S. I do not follow!

Forget them both and get an Allegiance, you'll be happy you did.:peace:

12. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

Now that I REALLY agree with :rockon:

13. Shel

Shel Junior Member

Decisions

One of the guys here at the shop has owned both and I have shot a lot with him. DXT is faster and louder by a mile. General is still a reasonable choice although he got his butt handed to him with the General by my Commander this morning! I prefer two cam bows as you get better string life and sometimes less peep rotation. DXT will be more maint as you need to twist and adjust for suppressor contact changes periodically. I shoot the General well due to it's tall brace and general feel. DXT is light and pleasant in the wood or 3d trail. I was with a friend when he accidently dry fired his DXT - I teased him about it being the quietest dry fire I ever heard! I think the suppressors saved him severe damage to his bow. Both are great bows, but I would choose the General. Good luck! Shel:bowl:

14. majorleaguedobberman

Thanks for the input but im picking my dxt up this thursday.. and after reading some of that stuff over at the other place im very glad i go with mathews. i still plan to get a general later on, maybe the 09 version if they fix there limb problems.

15. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

The General won 2 Bow of the year awards I am aware of:cool:

Dan

16. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

really? Was Mathews, Elite, Hoyt, Martin in this?

17. two_shoes

two_shoes YOU! Get in my belly!

Dood, your kill me! :spit:

18. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Sure was:peace:

Been Huntin in the Wind Lately? I hope I don't have to sic your Hoe on you!:laugh: :laugh:

Dan

19. trophytaker75

trophytaker75 New Member

I love my mathews and I am really picky just going by what I have read lately I would never own a general but thats just me do some research on it and you will see what I am talking about the ally is an awesome bow though.The timing and cam sync is something to be concerned about but as long as you buy a set of custom strings and install on it buy someone that has a drawboard and knows what they are doing the binary cam is an awesome cam system.

20. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

The Binary Cam system is not that critical. I do believe in setting mine up proper, but some would like to make something appear much harder than it is. Maybe it makes them feel important.

BowTech strings are one of the best OEM strings available. One of my 82nd's still has factory strings on it and they have performed every bit as good as the customs I have on the other one.

Dan