Early season fun

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by watt spurlock, Apr 16, 2008.

1. watt spurlock

watt spurlock New Member

Just wanted to share this photo with everyone. Shot this button buck at 12 yds, dropped right in its tracks, it made a noise like Ive never heard. Then out of the corner of my eye across the fence, I noticed this coyote respond to the yell. Knocked another arrow, and within 1 minute this coyote was standing 5 feet from the deer, and I was at full draw, the rest is history. I will have some more fun and embarrassing stories of my hunts in the future. Would like to read some others.

2. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

Wish our deer season was in in April.

3. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

What a great hunt. Bagging a coyote with a bow seems like a bigger challenge than a mature buck, to me. I won't be posting any stories from this year untill fall, when whitetail season opens here. I had a coyote come in last year to the edge of the kill zone from my tree stand. I was going to plug him, but he trotted away without giving up a good shot. Paranoid critters, are't they?

4. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

five were killed on the farm where i live over the winter months. they are thick as thieves here. i have actually seen them walk late at night withing 10 yards of our front door.

5. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I just couldn't help but notice the Vanilla Ice lyrics in your signature line :doh:

We have lots of yotes on our place, but we haven't shot one in several years...they are sneaky critters!