Ebay bow scam warning....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Dec 29, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I just got an email to be aware of a seller that says he's from china..but isn't.They think he's from France or poland and goe's by the name of "howlingfangs".He been selling mathews switchbacks,bow tech's and browning illussions for 300/400$ buy it now and states that he doesn't except paypal...only westeren union,money gram or wire transferes.States that if you send any of these....your money is gone.As soon as he's noticed...he uses a new handle.Please be careful of this person that changes his name often....but is often related with China bows.You might want to check if some one in the free classifieds here or on archerytalk has a bow/brand"above" for sell at a cheap price....Be careful.

2. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

???? what moron would buy used archery tackle from someone in europe off ebay in the 1st place?

3. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Probaly from the same people who buy products from the states.........or ebay..............it goes both ways ya know,....thanks ICHIM2........:amen:

4. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

no...probably not, it would take an extra moronic one, you got intl. shipping, dollars to euro's or francs and NO recourse.

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

That is kind of his plan there skippy. Its actually not just bows. Its a HUGE business, more then likely the guy behind the accounts is in Nigeria (over 1/2 of their NGP is from fraud and they have no rules about it)

Plus in case you forgot Ebay is pretty big in Europe too and LOTS of people buy stuff from there and ship it over here. a 400.00 switchback + shipping to the US is still only 500.00

6. IChim2

I don't think of buyer's as Morons....the united states has their share of scam artists also.What person would buy a bow from over seas?.......someone who thought they were getting a new bow at a good price......but got scamed by an :censored: hole....What,you never made a freaking mistake before.:frusty:

7. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

thats perty sad Ichim2 gives us a heads up about a scam and all you folks can do is bash it:mad:

thanks for the heads up Ichim2

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

my dad sold a dodge charger to a guy overseas off of ebay, so why not archery stuff :noidea:

Thanks ICHim2

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:noidea: :noidea:

my first internet bow was bought from a guy in Ireland......:noidea:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Thanks for the heads up........ICHIM2:rockon:

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

there was a similar fellar on last year I would report him ever time he listed one.

12. IChim2

We've sold stuff to folks over sea's and if they want to pay the postage....who am i to argue...as long as the funds clear.Ebay's a two way street.