elbow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by trigger, May 26, 2008.

1. trigger

trigger New Member

I have a quick question for you a few weeks ago I noticed that my bow arm elbow was giving me some pain. The pain is on the tip of my elbow and if I touch it it hurts. Also the first time I draw there is some popping like cracking knuckles and then all is fine.Has anyone had this happen to them and if so what did you do to correct this.
    Thanks trigger.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yup.....mine does this from time to time.....take it easy on the shooting and it will simmer down....

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Did ya bump it on something? :laugh:

J/K What weight are you pulling? Sounds as though you have been shooting alot lately. You need to work up to long sessions.

4. trigger

trigger New Member

Have not hit it on anything?that I remember but I work construction and I get knocked around a fair bit.
    I have been taking it easy and it feels better thanks for the replies.

5. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Had the problem with my shoulder and a dull ache afterwards, turned the bow down and wasn't drawing so much and I haven't had the problem since. Gotta do that when ya start getting old :lol:

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

My wrist pops...it ticks me off. I will draw and have to let down and shake it out, then redraw. Sometimes it happens over and over and I will just draw and it usually pops when I anchor and then it feels better. Getting old RULES!

7. trigger

trigger New Member

I have dropped draw weight not because of this but because I found a bow that
    gave me more fps with less weight so I have gone from 70lb to 60lb and now I
    also became old(this archery stuff is so unfair):mad:

8. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

When I first started to get 300 fps we shoot 90 lb bows with 400 gr. arrow then to 80 ,70 & now 60 lb