Elite Archery??

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Pinwheel1969, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I had a buddy tell me that runs a pro shop. That he just found out that Elites risors are not machined. He called to confirm this..... So my question is.... Why do they have a $600.00-$1000.00 bow? Sounds like Kate and the bunch are making a killing on these bows....:mad:

2. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Maybe tha been counciling with tha big oil guys

3. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

ponder this!

hello,because were fools enough to pay it,look at ross when they were a starten up,did you see any low to mid range bows!American people like to have status no matter the cost,iam also guilty of it,but thats what drives the best country in the world.....................PSE rules....................:rockon:

4. Holy Smokes

what tha bank accounts:laugh:

5. BOWTECHER

BOWTECHER Member

Sounds like u have a choice whether or not to pay the money a company wants. Isn't that the American way.

:drama: :drama: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry: :Cry:

6. Holy Smokes

Yeah al that advetixing' hype cost a bundle so they gotta recoupe it some way

7. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

They were bought up by a machining company, so I would not expect this rumor to be true.

8. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I thought they were owned by half or majority by a Machining Co., but at the end of the day, does it matter? :noidea:

Is there a difference in quality if the riser was machined or cast? :noidea:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

the only difference would be, that there may be voids in the casting.....:noidea:

10. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The majority of risers are forged and then machined. There are very few that cut from a billet. I think martin does though, but not sure which bows or if it's all of them.

11. Michael396

Michael396 Member

The risers are machined from a forging, just like every other company does. The left hand versions are machined from a solid billet of aluminum, but cost an additional $50 due to the large waste of material. Could you imagine what an anodized cast riser would look like?

12. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Everone knows that...the American way is to buy first....than gripe about the cost.:laugh:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Martin's catalog states their risers are machined from a solid block of 6061 T6, aircraft grade aluminum.

Does that mean I solid block of cast aluminum or a solid billet??? :noidea:

14. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

I've got a dvd that martin sent me simi showing how they make their bows....verry insteresting to watch.

15. UltraElite 06

UltraElite 06 Vote for Pedro

What about the 3 piece risers Martin is using on some bows? They are machined alum but not one piece.

16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

So did Elite confirm it? Even though casting produces an inferior product, it requires more expense to get started due to the cost of having dies made. Where the cost savings comes in is through economy of scale. You produce alot of risers which reduces the per riser cost.

for a small start up company like Elite it would be cheaper to machine their risers on CNC machines.

I would bet they machine their risers from extrusions.

17. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Where did you see an Elite Ad? Are they going to have a booth at the show this year?

Dan

18. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I've seen pics of their risers half cut in their ads and it looks like they are cut from extruded bars of billet aluminum. Generally these are 2" x 4" x 12" long or maybe 2" x 5" if more reflex is need. The bars are then cut to length and loaded into the CNC's.

19. Pinwheel1969

under normal circumstances I would agree. By my source who I wont name is about as reliable as having Kevin and Kate saying it them selves. He checked the rumours of course cause he sells Elite. And just because a machine shop bought a company.. doesnt mean they are maching them... I'm just saying that he would have givin this info. if there wasnt something to it...

20. Pinwheel1969

Yuck!!! Cast anodizing.... different look though...