Elite Releases New Cam Design Early

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jcmorgan31, May 9, 2008.

1. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

As posted on Elite's forum.

One of our goals at Elite is to constantly develop new and innovative design possibilities in order to give our customers the very best products in the industry. Over the last year we have refined an innovative new cam design that was scheduled to be released in October of this year however; given the recent litigation with Darton and subsequent settlement, we have decided to release the new design now. As a result by the end of next week we will be shipping the new design. We will continue to fully warranty and service the current design as we move forward with the new design.

-Elite Archery Management

P.S. The ship date for left handed GT500’s will be June 1st.

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Images sent to dealers.

[​IMG]

3. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Be patient with me, not that familiar with Elite (yet :D ) Will these new cams be on all their bows? What is the difference, faster, smoother......:noidea: ?

4. I like the way those look in black, good looking bows

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

They will be on all bows shipped from the factory from now on. I have not drawn one yet, but I've spoken to Michael Deck who did some field testing with them and he says they make the current cams feel bad.

The bows will be at the Bedford, Indiana IBO shoot next weekend.

Main difference is that these are 2 track binaries. That means the string runs in one track the the cables share a track. What does that mean? Zero cam lean.... :thumb:

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

[​IMG]

A better look at the cams.

7. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

I shot a friends GTO last Sunday. It was pretty smooth, gonna be tough to top it. Made me want to buy one......Must.....resist......temptation

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

good looking bow. I saw cams similar to that on AT a couple of weeks ago on a Bowzone, but theirs were still in the prototype stage.

9. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

The bowzone bow had modules. I'm no cam engineer, but I've been told by one that is that modules probably will never work on a 2 track binary.:noidea:

10. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

Morgan,

what strings are those? G5?

11. J.C.

J.C. New Member

why would it matter if that track's modular or fixed?

12. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Im no engineer, but here is my best guess.....:D

When both cables share a track, you can not machine a cable stop into the module for the cables to stop on. Therefore, you have to use draw stops the contact the limbs on the cams. Somehow, that fact makes modules difficult to incorporate...

And I may be out in left field....:noidea:

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Far as I know they are still Nealy's. Haven't heard any different.

14. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

WOW..........I need a Z28. Prices please. I need directions to the Bedford shoot. It is next weekend right?? 5-17 and 5-18:noidea:

15. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

How will this impact the Fire I have on order, if at all? (i.e. specs, adjustment, etc.)

16. J.C.

J.C. New Member

If I read it right, you'll still get it, but all new bows from this point on will be the new models. I could be wrong though.....:wave:

17. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

I hope so...otherwise, no lefties, THEN discontinued fire :dizzy: :doh::pout:

If you're buying a lottery ticket...I can tell you the numbers NOT to pick!

17 24 11 38 41 35

18. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

whats the gt500 run price wise?

19. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Will not affect it at all. :thumb: We can get you a lefty GT500 though, they are shipping June 1st......:biggrin1: