end serving!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by OneMustFall, Oct 8, 2007.

1. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

hello, got a question on end serving,it seems most proshops i frequent dont do end serving on strings,cables, they do just the center and yoke,whats up with that!is it not save or are they just tryin to sell you some new ones....if you guys do end serve, how is it done,thanks.............:rockon:

2. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I think and maybe wrong, but end serving is done on a jig when building the strings. so to do it you would have to just about take a part the strings

3. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

ya i never thought about that,guess ill have to get new set now.....:dizzy:

4. icom

icom Junior Member

just take it off the bow and re-serve it..

just some eye bolts into a beam in the garage and a ratchet strap to put tension on it will work,thats all I've ever done

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  5. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

serving technique used!

uummmm,sounds easy enough,so what technique do you use,serve it like you do a center serve,or like you do a peep sight,give a dog a bone......:lol: thanks................

6. icom

icom Junior Member

all servings are done the same,(at least I do anyway) just a different diameter serving thread is used

.014" Halo or .018" 62XS is what I use for redoing the end servings on my cables when they need it,and usually .026 XS for center servings but that depends on the nock fit

I just hook the end loop to an eye bolt ,the Y's to a ratchet strap and the ratchet strap to another eye bolt;put some tension on it and remove the end serving until I get to the loop,then tie a knot at the end with the serving I'm removing just to keep the loop the same and reserve it up as far as needed.
    Never did the actual end loops if thats what your talking about though,never had the need to

I'm in the process of building something different now to use out of square steel;looks like the stuff that sign post :noidea: are on with all the holes;should be able to adjust that to any size needed and use a turnbuckle instead of a ratchet strap for tension on the cable/string

7. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

When you serving experts lock down the first 7 or 8 wraps when you are tying in leeches or something else into the string, what method do you use? I was taught how to do it but, I can't remember how to get the first 7 or 8 wraps to tighten up when you pull the line, I just pull the line right out from under the other wraps and the whole thing comes unravelled????

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

make a loop just like you would for the end of a center serving......

9. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

Winners choice!

Thanks for the quick replys,well i cheated and just had a set of winner choice strings and cables put on,the originals were really beyond repair,,thanks again..........:peace: