Excited For Season To Start

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by STRO, Aug 17, 2006.

1. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Only 44 more days 'till season starts. I don't know if I've ever been so excited for season to start. Just last week I got two pictures from the same camera of two different bucks that will score at least 150. I'm guessing that the antlers are done growing now. I have never seen a deer in the woods that big before. I would post the pictures but I'm technologically illiterate. I'm trying out new broadheads this year, the spitfire xp and the new rage. Don't know which one will be nocked on October 1st. I've heard great things about this spitfire so I'll probably try that one first. Also, I'm trying out the new roadtrips suit this year. Le'ts hope it works.

Good luck hunting!!!!

2. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

44 i thought it was 46 more ? what part illinois u in

3. roosevelt

roosevelt Junior Member

9 days here in oregon!!! i cannot wait, day before yesterday i was scouting and had elk within ten yards twice, and they were talking all around me, i love being in the woods, i just can't wait to pack my bow.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

44 days for us in Indiana. 48 for me I have to work the first 4 days:mad: But I know how you feel I am very stoked this year. Going out tommorrow to clear a few shooting lanes.

5. radtuck

radtuck Junior Member

28 days for me here in Ne. Just curious what some opinions were about using a ground blind instead of a stand. I am a bit antsy when it comes to treestands, and I think that the deer see me before I see them, so I am going to try a ground blind this year. Haven't bought one yet, but looking at the Ameristep Stackhouse. Anyone out there used this one? Thoughts?

6. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

weve got an ameristep i like it shot a turkey at 8 yds outta it and have shot at deer outta it

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I bought my son an ameristep doghouse last year and he never used it. So this year I have the perfect place to give it a try. I will have to drop the back window though in order to draw inside this little blind.

8. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Sounds like we all have the fever. I have been shooting our clubs 3D bowhunter warm-up league and just can't wait. Got my bow shootign well and can't wait for the last 3weeks of league so I can start with my broadheads:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: