fastest strings

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by jetshowell, Nov 9, 2007.

1. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

i am lookin for new strings and i know alot of guys make there own now but what are the fastest strings out there now i only wana pull 55lbs and i need all the speed i can get

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

is there such thing as fastest strings? or is it 'who streches more'?

3. OneMustFall

OneMustFall Member

!

i use (winners choice):peace: ..............

4. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I think 8125 and TS1 are the fastest string materials

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yep, like he said.

Ron

6. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

What little speed you gain from strings is not worth having an unstable setup to do it. I like speed but it is better to have a stable, silent, setup. My preference in custom strings is John/BuckNasty/Gibblet:cool:

Dan

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree. I use string/cables that are made from 452x. Very stable and no creep.

Ron

8. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

how are vapor trails or wolfden and where would i get bucknast strings

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Vapor trails are pretty nice but the end servings don't go around the whole loop, which I personally think is a lazy/cheap approach to making a string and cable set. Their center servings are really good and last a long time.

I have no experience with wolfden but there are some posts on this site about those that seem positive.

I've also used Winner's Choice, which are really well made. But they are very expensive, in my opinion, and are hard to get in a timely fashion.

I currently use Mike's custom strings and they are excellent and at a fair price. Do a search on this forum and you will find his contact info. His stuff is very well made with BCY 452x, any colors BCY carries, and no stretch and no creep. I'll give him my business as long as he's making his product.

Good luck,

Ron

10. jetshowell

jetshowell Member

does 452 stretch less than ts1

11. HYTMANN

HYTMANN Senior Member

If you want fast and stable, 8125 string with 452x cables are the best compromise. A 452x string will cost you a little speed, and be noisier as well. My 8125x/452x combo has been very durable with no creep on my 3D rig at 5GpP, shooting all 8125x I noticed alot of movement from temps/humidity.

12. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Yep 452X has performed flawlessy with zero problems over the last couple of years. The last time I tried 8125 I was disappointed:cool:

Dan

13. Elk chaser

Elk chaser Junior Member

With all my know how on strings is if you want speed go with the 8125 on the string at 20 strands, but make sure that it has been pre-stretched at around 450lbs. Have the cable made out of 452X at 22 strands and have it pre-stretched also. this will keep the power stored in the limbs with no stretch in the cable will save timing and proformance the string will stretch in very high heat if your only shooting at 20 to 50 yards will will probably not even notice.

14. fissionarchery

fissionarchery Member

strings

The fastest strings hands down are those made with TS1.We at Wolfden Bowstrings have been using this material since brownell came out with it approx 6 years ago.As long as the string is made properly it is a flawless and worry free material.We have seen speed gains of up to 10fps. on certain models with the TS1.I personally think it makes one of the nicest finished strings available.However I won't discredit 425x either it is also a very nice material and makes a stable string.But like I said if speed is what you are after then TS1 is the answer.Alot of our customers choose to go with 425x for cables and TS1 for the string.This way you get the stabilty in the cables and speed in the string.Although I do not think it is necesary.Some just like the piece of mind and who am I to argue with the customer!We aim to please.

15. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Fastest? So far, the TS1 gets my vote.