Father's Day / Shoot?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I have a dilema!! There is a shoot I want to go to, but it is on Father's Day. I was going to just stay home, but Brent saw my flyer for it. Without ever bringing it up, I asked him what He wanted to do for FathersDay and he told me to go shoot. If I am happy, he is happy, is what he said. I asked him a couple different times and he keeps telling me to go. Should I go shoot and have a good day or sit at home and watch NASCAR? Which would still be ok, but I would rather shoot :biggrin1:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he will be watching NASCAR and playing w/the girls.....I say go for it.....

also when you get home.....do something nice.....:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :tape:

3. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Decisions --- Decisions!!!!! :decision:

I have been guilty and have gone to a few shoots on Mothers Day, but I did get some crap for it --- but it was worth it to get my archery fix.

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Go to the shoot he is not your father let him spend time with the girls. Then after the shoot you can all do something special together.:biggrin1:

5. Colo_Lee

Colo_Lee Senior Member

have fathersday a day early and go to the shot if that dosent work go to the shoot he will understand

just remind him of the times he went with the boys

6. goldflinger

goldflinger Senior Member

Go

I would be all right with it, if my wife wanted to go.

7. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Go to the shoot. My wife understands when i go no matter what is going on. We just do something on a different day. He should not have told you to go if he did not meen it. Just be truthful with each other.

Mo.Hick

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

go and on the way home pick up some nice steaks and fixins for a big dinner. He'll be thrilled

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

10. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Well how old is he? If your father is up there in age you might want to think about how many quality years you have together.

11. Give him a "little present" before the shoot - and tell him the good one's not till you get back.

NO guy in the world could refuse that - instant gratification and looking forward to more all day.......nothering better!:peace:

12. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

my father is 500 miles away so he gets a phone call, this is my hubby.

13. whitetail99

whitetail99 Senior Member

Well I did not guess that one right. :doh:

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

looks like I will be shooting:biggrin1:

15. Sniper

Sniper Senior Member

Stay home. You'll regret every missed opportunity someday down the road. If you can't finish the shoot and be home by Noon, don't go.

16. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Your joking right? I think my missed opportunity would be the shooting if I didn't go. We wouldn't do anything but watch NASCAR and sit around the house all day anyway. Same thing we do every week (except church for me and the kids). Plus, he said if I am happy, he is happy and he knows how much I love to shoot :biggrin1:

17. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

I think your sig - says it all: Don't think about it, just shoot it.

Don't debate it or think about it --- just go out and shoot! :thumb:

18. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Wheels is this the shoot in Briones??? Some of the guys in my club are going but I'd be a failure....haven't even done any real 3-d outside at all. One of these days we're gonna have to give it a go....that would be fun I'd think.

19. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I am not sure Where it is at. It is the Cougar Mountain shoot. Then the next weekend is the Shasta Mountain Shoot up here above Redding somewhere. You will get addicted the first time you shoot one. They are alot of fun.

20. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Ahh I think that is a different shoot probably something just in your area.