Favorite Hunting time

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by tnts79, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Morning

37.1%
  2. Evening

42.9%
  3. Dawn till Dusk

20.0%
  1. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

Morning or evening

2. hoyt_hunter007

hoyt_hunter007 Senior Member

i love cold sunny november mornings! :rockon:

3. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

yeap I got to say a cold, frosty morning is hard to beat

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I would have to say morning, but I also love the evening. Hard question now that I have to think about it. Actually, I say it is a tie.

5. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

i love the morning..... but all my bow kills have come in the evening..... all my gun kills have been in the morning.

6. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

30/36 degree morning and a good frost...but starting mid oct when deer start picking their area's out...all day for me.

7. Cablegaurd21

Cablegaurd21 Senior Member

I've shot deer at morning, evening, and mid-day. I believe it's never a bad time as long as your in the stand.:biggrin1:

8. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

I like to hunt in the evenings more. But watching the woods wake up around you is magical. I could get up every morrning and watch everything wake up.

9. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

wat about the middle of the night? jk i dont care when im hunting as long as im hunting

10. Lwapo

Lwapo Junior Member

Enjoy vs Success?

I enjoy hunting in the morning more. Usually it's colder and you don't break a sweat getting to the stand like you can in the PM's of early Oct.

BUT... I have more success in the evenings? lol, Go figure!

11. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

To me I have palces that are am and pm also some that either.
    I love em all and cannot fer tha sake of me make up my mind which I like best

12. red44

red44 Senior Member

More success in the evening, but like getting them in the morning. It leaves more time and light to deal with them. Once it starts getting colder, I freeze in that hour after sun-up. Don't know why, it feels like the cold is coming right up through me. Never passed up a chance to go though. I'll take any time in the woods I can get.

13. chainsawlaskowski

chainsawlaskowski Junior Member

I just spent 13 hours in the woods this past Wednesday 10-03-07. I didn't have a shot at anything. I did see a few deer in a field too far out for a shot. (that was around 6:00 P.M.) It's really tough sitting all day this time of year. However... if you have the time and can handle it, why not? I have a picture of a very nice buck (120" - 130") on my trail camera that walked by at 9:45 A.M. on a sunny day (Sept. 12th 2007) You just never know. During the rut, I sit all day, every day. I have seen more numbers of deer in the mornings and evenings, but I have also seen more "trophy" deer in the middle of the day when most folks are home eating lunch or taking a nap etc. I guess it's a matter of how long you can and will sit. I know that you have to be comfortable (warm) and I read a book along with bringing snacks and water to keep me going. I'm not saying it's easy, but the season is too short - especially the rut, and I want to be in the woods as much as possible during that time. It's getting more difficult as I am 51 and I feel it in my knees etc. But as long as I'm able, I'll continue to do it. Good Luck To All! Jeff

14. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Hard ta say!

Cold mornings around a cornfield
    Or hot evenings in a swamp around water!:noidea:
    I picked evenings because ive killed all 5 bucks i have on the wall right at dark.
    But ive killed more deer in the morning.:noidea:

15. timberghost

timberghost Senior Member

dawn to dusk

Over the years I have killed deer at various times during the day. Staying out all day has paid off more than once for me.:wave: