few adjustments lead to few questions..

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by n2t, Mar 2, 2007.

1. n2t

n2t Senior Member

So I brought my bow down to scheels the other day to have some ajustments done. I had a limbsaver cable slide put on and a slide dampener, and my arrows weighed (366-370grains). The guy doing the dampener pused it on my slide pushed it all the way to the top against my bow as even though I'm shooting an angled cable slide (as aposed to strait) my fletching had trouble clearing the dampener. Seems to work though, is this ok or should I slide it further down the guard. Also when he was attatching the new slide, he loosened the screw holding the cable guard rod. This allowed the rod to be pulled toward the rest side of the bow. How do I move the angle back to the left side away from the rest without moving it to far and putting excessive preasure on the cams? Thanks again for any help, oh and I got my DL shortened a bit too, lol.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I'm confused....

why do you keep screwing with it when its shooting good? :noidea:

as for moving it back... i would suggest loosening the screw again and moving it?

Adding after market slide accessories is a pita as typically the bow is designed a particular way and that is why the slide is installed that way with that rod.

3. n2t

n2t Senior Member

I replaced the slide because I was told the regular plastic slide it came with would chatter when the rod was wet, and I also was looking at a cable slide mounded drop away rest and the limbsaver slide has pre made holes for this style rest. I added the dampener because it's a toy, someone said he who dies with the most toys wins. I did some of this because my DL was to long and I figured since it was on the bow press why not upgrade some stuff. Idk why the guy loosened the cable guard..that's just odd to me.

I just don't want to pull the slide to far to the left and put torque on my cams, how far should I move it or is it even possable to torque the cams to far in this manner?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  4. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

I think you'll be fine just pushing the slide back, you would have to push pretty hard to make the cams lean. Becareful adding stuff all the time, it seems to be a disease that there is no cure for! I know, I have it! LOL