Few Pics from Today....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by ny911bowhunter, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Since the local outdoor shoot was cancelled, me and my best buddy met up with "Pauly Too Tally" to shoot a few at a newish indoor 3D range local to us...

Great room to shoot - as far as distance is concerned, but the course is pretty dry. You shoot from a slightly elevated platform, so the shots are all downwards, plus Paul was worried about his cam hitting the ceiling. :D

The targets are pretty beat up - hard too see the scoring rins, but they do have a few nice Rhineharts - including an elk! Very cool. The place has great potential.

VonOtto doing his best to welcome a slightly shy 5 y/o into the arechery world....
    [​IMG]

Drew followed up with this...shut pauly right down!
    [​IMG]

Thats right....

[​IMG]

Course overview...the hay and corn is neat - but the floor was mad slippery!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VonOtto...

[​IMG]

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice pics.......but what a mess.:laugh:

Vonotto needs to practice his people skills I think.:noidea: :biggrin1:

3. My buddy!

[​IMG]

Me and a moving boar!

[​IMG]

Course from 4 foot view;

[​IMG]

Middraw distraction........

[​IMG]

The new 101st....
    [​IMG]

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Hey Paul maybe you should sweep up a bit...:laugh:

Cool pics Dan, I haven't made it overthere yet. I'm itching to get in there...:biggrin1:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

Not sure which one is scarier you or the boar.:laugh:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

hey dan the draw length looks kinda long.......:noidea:

7. BowhuntnHoosier

It looks about 30" to me:noidea: :laugh:

8. I was hoping someone would chime in on that.....

It is a factory 29, which I am reading, factory is about a half inch stout...which would put that at 29.5ish...

I agree....I have 28.5 modules ordered. I am having alot of incosistancies with the bow...one day it's on...the next, uncomfortable and off....It is all form related, as the bow, when all is perfect, including me - smokes.

I am eager to shorten the draw and see how that helps...

9. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

A too long dl will cause great greif with inconsistancy

Tha look on that little fellars face says it :biggrin1:

10. tedicast

tedicast Member

Great pics Dan. Is this the place, Archers Addiction, that is listed as holding shoots on the Hudson Valley Schedule listed on Archers Edge? If so, how are they planning to run a shoot there?

11. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

On the contrary, I think you finally look like you have the right DL! You've been way too crunched up.

12. I know we talked about that - and I agree...but look at the noggin - leaning back..that cant be good?

13. Yep...thats the place. Very nice, comfy looking store, very warm, nice decor....HUGE locakble bathroom - a plus for me:D

BUT....I still dont know how they plan to work the shoots....it just doesnt make sense. There is a limited amount of shooting stations, and you shoot 2 arrows from each post....I imagine it takes a longggggg time to shoot it...but with all that time to wait, I am sure they sell stuff.....Hmmmmmmmmm....

There is a shoot there Saturday night - March 15th....anyone up?

14. Scottyluck

Scottyluck Member

Your whole upper body is leaned back a bit. Straighten up. That will bring everything forward.
    You could also have Joe twist up the harness to try and shorten it up maybe a 1/4".

15. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

It looks like a decent place to shoot. Better than anyplace I shoot 3d at at the moment. Good to see a lil guy having fun too.

16. NerdHick

NerdHick New Member

I'd be in for Sat night!!! I thought it looked a bit long in that pic... but what do I know?!

17. Bro...ya gotta work on that if your gonna join the Team...

Joe might have nmominated you - BUT WE STILL HAVE TO VOTE YOU IN!:peace: