field archery

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Radar, May 1, 2008.

1. Radar

Radar Story of my life

How many of you guys and gals shoot field archery and for how long? I started shooting our Field league last year at our club and loved it. League starts next week for us. I was just wondering how many people on here shoot Field. I think its alot better break up from 3D than shooting 300 round

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Field is pretty popular in ths area. I'll probably give it a go this season since the 3D shoots are all but gone because of land ownership/access issues.

Ron

3. trussoni

trussoni Ninja Fighting Fool

not sure if its offered in my area i would have to check on it but id be interested in it for sure

4. watt spurlock

watt spurlock New Member

I will probably shoot the field league at the plug this year. It is a nice change of pace, but bottom line, I like being inthe woods. Try jogging the course and shooting, great conditioning. Yea baby. jog 250 yds, then try to hold steady on the 55 yd shots. Great fun.:lol:

5. Field archery is a lot better than 3D because if you are going to spend 3 or 4 hrs.in the woods it is a lot better to shoot 112 arrows than just 30 arrows.
    You get a lot more shooting for your money when you shoot field compared to 3D.
    We at Rainbow bowmen of 1205 Baker Rd., Franklin, PA do not charge as much for a field round as we do for a 3D round. It does not cost as much to set up a field round as it does to set up a 3D course.
    We have 2 complete courses set up, 28 Field targets on 1 course and 28 Hunter targets on the other course. The hunter course also has stakes set up to shoot the animal round with.
    Charlie

6. trussoni

anyone know of any places that offer it in wisconsin? or can i find out online somewhere?

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Hmmm... let's see maybe www.3dshoots.com :D

Where are you in WI?

8. archer1983

archer1983 New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that was funny! :laugh:

9. Radar

Radar Story of my life

It can be a humbling sport, i remember when I finally shot a 20 on the 80 yd. walk up, next target I think its the 30 I shot a 19:frusty: :frusty: ......should have been a cake walk.......ya right

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hey bud, Wisconsin is a really big state... Good general question though.

Ron

11. trussoni

west central? around la crosse eau claire i am right in the middle of them. near mn. close to the mississippi river.

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Ah...
    I head to Eagle River to Musky fish twice a year and then do a camping/fishing weekend with my two boys just East of the Dells area.

Ron

13. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Maybe you guys can clear up a tiny bit of confusion for me on terms. There are two clubs near me:
    The first, most people call field...others call 3D, shoot in the woods at big bales of rags with paper/felt/burlap faces that have animal pictures printed on them.

The other club shoots the foam animals in the woods that is the most like hunting.

Now, I always understood "field archery" to be shooting the round targets in the woods, and 3d to shoot at things that look like animals in the woods. So what was the first of these two be categorized as?

Also, I find shooting at the first club cheaper and still fun. I never miss the bales (can't say the same about the 3d targets) and you don't pay range fees if you're a club member.

14. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

in the nfaa they have the white face targets which are called field and the black face targets which are called hunter targets. then you have the animal targets. which is pictures of animal. field and hunter you shot 4 arrows. animal you can get by with 1 arrow if you are lucky