Finally got my bow....er...most of it????

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by bill10418, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bill10418

bill10418 Why be Normal

Well, as ya'll can see from the title, I got most of my bow equipment. :peace: However, I still have to wait for my sights to come in. :doh: I ended up going up to Silver City New Mexico at a place called Rough Country Gear to buy my bow. I ended up buying a Mathews Switchback XT 29" 70# Max draw, Trophy Taker rest, 7" Doinker, Cobra Sidewinder Plus Sight (5 pin) (still on order), a dozen PSE Radial Weave 300, Bow case, and all the other extras. The bad thing about the whole situation is that there is going to be a 3D shoot on this coming Sunday. Although it would be nice to be able to compete, I don't know enough about shooting a bow without sights. I know that I will be learning how to do this later, but I'm not that confident right now. I think that I will only shoot the 20 and maybe the 30 yard paper targets.

2. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Nice setup you got there. Don't count yourself out yet. You got good equipment. Now you just need to learn how to shoot it properly.

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Good setup...Don't get discouraged...all it takes is practice, alot of practice...:biggrin1:

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

I am sure ya'll remember when you use to shoot till your arm felt like it was gonna fall off> Yup ADDICTED> HS

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

still do, just happens sooner now, cant shoot 300 arrows a day like i could when i was 18....

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, I go to a 40 target 3D shoot and I'm wiped out.

Ron

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice setup there.:rockon:

Same bow and arrows as I shoot.:cool:

Good luck and ENJOY.:peace:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so are you going to the R100???:biggrin1:

I have to say that after a long day ata 3-d shoot I am wooped....and need a nap....

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

I would if there was one around here.

Now I'm just trying to fiure out where I can Shoot 3D at all since the 2 local ones are never to be done again...

Ron