Finally its a working press....

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, May 24, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

well I used the press to take the rest off the Switchback to put my roller rest on for fishing........

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Nice lookin press...:biggrin1:

BTW...time to clean that bench again...:laugh:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it is clean....I was using those tools to work on the bowfishing stuff.....:noidea:

4. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I was only kiddin'...
    Looks good...I need to clean my bench...BAD...:doh:

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

SWEET:rockon:

Glad you have it all up and working. One question though the bottom rollers on the press are on the limbs and not the riser is this safe???? You are pushing out with the bottom rollers while pulling in with the top.:noidea: I am not sure if this is a good way to press or not seems as though it would put extra strain on the limbs?????? By the way I agree clean that bench.:peace:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

its better this way than putting stress on the riser.....you actually put less stress this way because you move the limbs less.....I tried it the other way and didnt like it......

I backed the limb bolts out first.....The limbs are only about a 1/2 inch from rest......

7. BowhuntnHoosier

Oh........alrighty like I said I was not sure but just curious about it. Now I have learned something from you today and can sleep soundly tonight.:laugh: Again thats a great looking bench and press you have there buddy I hope you enjoy it very much. While you are still calling the shots. Soon Marie will need the space and you will be outside or worst.:peace:

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

He's already got the shed coming...for when he get's thrown off the porch...:laugh:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

Yes but that will be taken over also.:tape: All I can say is enjoy it while you can.:hug:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nope the keys to the locked shop will be hidden and never found by marie....

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Don't tell him all the club secrets...he's not officially a member yet...:doh:

12. BowhuntnHoosier

Oh don't worry I am saving the real good ones. He is really go to be mad we never told him.:tape:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you know the cure for your love life in a relationship right????

wedding cake......:biggrin1:

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah but he'll get over it...We did...:tape:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

TRUE................................besides he is always saying something about life being too short to be mad at your friends.:noidea: :laugh:

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Pretty nice press design. It obviously works.

You needed a press to replace a rest ? :noidea:
    I'm not sure I understand that one but then again I don't understand my boss, ex-wife, kids, vehicle, etc...
    We can have some campfire conversation over that in Greencastle.

Ron

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

it was a drop away and I need to get the cord out of the cable....:doh: :biggrin1:

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Ahhhhhh ! I see...

Ron

19. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Bowman,

The bench looks like a nice creation and I have to give you a thumbs up on it.
    But there is one serious thing wrong with it..................it's that bow of yours. It makes your bench look second rate. J/K :biggrin1:

What's with the block of wood under the jack?

20. chelleo

chelleo Guest

Actually with Hoyt bows you are NOT supposed to put anything on the riser so this press would be perfect for my bows. They want you to put the rollers near the pockets on the limbs. Did you make that yourself Bowman or what? I can't remember the story on this one...I do know I should have a press at some point for emergency serviceing at least.